Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip dead for anyone else?

Options
  • 21-11-2003 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭

I can connect, but connections to websites timeout and I can't even download email from pop server....
    Started happening about 15 minutes ago (12:25pm).....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Exactly the same has been happening to me over the last day. All of a sudden you can't connect to websites or use IRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Working fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

happened to me too. I'm using clicksilver though. all seems fine again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Eircom were carrying out repair work over the last two days. It was flagged on the UTV newsgroup. Should be sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

I was down as well from 12:25 for at least an hour (Meath).
    I checked with a client in Galway who were down at exactly the same time.

Eircorn also turned off my telephone service (except for local calls) on Tuesday morning at 1:30am. It was back by 8.
    I was also without phone service (as were all 046 numbers)
    last Friday from 9:10am to 5:50pm.
    They left a message for me saying they were upgrading voicemail services, so maybe that's got something to do with it.
    UTVs site mentioned problems with RADIUS, but that was in NI.

I was able to see the other end of my ppp connection,
    and could reach a few IPs on UTVs network, but nothing further.

NiallB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Regular UTV number dead backup working....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Paul-UTVI

Originally posted by mike65
    Regular UTV number dead backup working....

Mike.

Hi Guys (& Girls),

Are you still finding the main number dead?

We had one other report of the main number being down but there wasn't a flood of calls coming in, which makes me think its a local exchange problem. Let me know which exchange you are on and I can look into it further.

Cheers,
    Paul
    [UTV Internet Technical Support]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm not on utv anymore but a friend of mine is, and he was getting 60% packet loss TO YOUR GATEWAY last night, and pings of up to 5000 (iirc) to 'big' sites like google.com, eircom.ie

He has a few computers and it's happening on them all, so it's nathin' to do with his tcp stack. I also never got a ping below about 3-400 when I was on the service, before I got DSL this month.

Paul-UTVI,

I got through using main number first time this morning, but yesterday it was very bad every time I tried it was engaged. I'm live on the south edge of Waterford City so properly on the main exchange (Tycor exch on West side of city).

Mike.

The engaged tone is just due to the large number of people using the service in that area, but the dead tone is caused by a problem at the exchange. The other report of a dead tone also came from Waterford, so if this reoccurs please let me or Martin know.

Regards,

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Paul-UTVI
    The engaged tone is just due to the large number of people using the service in that area, but the dead tone is caused by a problem at the exchange. The other report of a dead tone also came from Waterford, so if this reoccurs please let me or Martin know.

Regards,

Well can you let Marty know about the ridiculous pings? Although i'm sure he's well aware since pings on UTV haven't been acceptable in months...

Certainly will :) Although, he'll most likely ask for detailed information such as any specific dates/times, what exchange you're on, and an ipconfig /all report so it can be investigated.

Cheers,

Just had to give up on UTVip as if I get through the line
    drops after a min or two (now on indigo by the min! :mad: ) Paul check these threads for more UTV woes -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=242404&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Mike.

Certainly will :) Although, he'll most likely ask for detailed information such as any specific dates/times, what exchange you're on, and an ipconfig /all report so it can be investigated.

Cheers,

It's been happening a long time and people always post this info on utv.support. One user posted his ifconfig and pings there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Cheers,

Time = all the time
    Date = all dates since the newfound d/l speed
    exchange = roches street limerick.
    tracerts and ping times posted on newsgroup ,under the name of John Stapleton .

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Have to say over the last week my amount of dropped connections and bad connections has increased about x4. I can hit some sites and not others, get email from some accounts and not others. Becoming annoying. I see the support guys are not getting back to people and I can't hit their web site. I'm using Eircom at the moment. You'd think UTVIP would be worried they'd lose customers over this. Not like we don't have a bunch of other operators hounding us to swtich either.

What software can I use to check and monitor my dial-up connection. I want to record the amount of dropped connections and reconnections I have to make.

Advertisement