Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 increasing prices

• 21-11-2003 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

had 10 euro credit yesterday, sent a txt message to my brother in germany.
    checked my credit.
    Sly bastards
    had 9.75 left
    went to the o2 web site then.
    International txt messages are gonna up to 25 cents.
    how long has it been like that?
    i think its a disgrace that they are allowed change prices without informing the customer

by the way im on speakeasy if that makes any difference

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea, i noticed that a couple of days ago. Sent a text to my brother in UK [He is actually on o2 UK] and was charged 25c or something stupid. I knoe he pays 30p or so to send one over here.

I think o2 to o2 messages [from ireland to germany or uk] should be at a cheaper rate at least then the international messages. Its not reall as if your really chaning companies. ITs all mmo2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i take it neither of you text your brothers very often! it's been like that since before the summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by carrotcake
    i take it neither of you text your brothers very often! it's been like since before the summer!

haha legend...

As time goes by, the charges will graudally reduce when sending to the same operator in other countries. O2 Germany and O2 Ireland for example are still very distinct companies and are essentially just operating under the same brand. As time goes by, all the individual operating companies will operate more closely with each other but this takes time. O2 Ireland was created as a result of Digifone been taken over by BT Cellnet back in the day and I am guessing O2 Germany was a similar case. These networks were built as totally seperate companies and as such, are probably very very loosely integrated. When you sending to O2 Germany from O2 Ireland, you are still piggy backing on International carriers such as Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you're using one of their "text bundles", how does this work? Do they just use one of your free texts or charge you the full 25c? Can't check credit or anything like that as I am on a contract with 100 free texts a month.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I'm a pay monthly customer with o2 and it only costs me 11c for a text to UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

which tariff? select 1 was increased to 25c, even after they had stopped offering the tariff to new sign-ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Winters
    I knoe he pays 30p or so to send one over here.

Who's he with? I'm with o2 uk and it costs 10p to send a text to Irish numbers

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Originally posted by carrotcake
    which tariff? select 1 was increased to 25c, even after they had stopped offering the tariff to new sign-ups

I'm on the 5+ one... I should really upgrade to a different price plan though. But I assure you, just checked my bills to make sure, each text to UK is billed @ 11 inc vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have sent sms to the UK a lot of the past couple of months and Its only cost me the price of a normal text usually up until last week. I have been able to send 2 or 3 when i have only 20 or 30c credit left. I'm sure it has gone up recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by Stephen
    If you're using one of their "text bundles", how does this work? Do they just use one of your free texts or charge you the full 25c? Can't check credit or anything like that as I am on a contract with 100 free texts a month.

afaik they only take one of your 'free texts'

• Advertisement
Advertisement