Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

games2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yup that was one of the most fun games i've had in a while. As Lucutus said, on Kursk(that was the map) some had a helicopter and just kept flying around the base spawn and pounding the place with bombs/missiles. when would finally be killed he'd managed to parachute into where the other helicopters were and start again. That was the only bad part, and tbh it wasn't that bad. Berlin was class though even though there was only 4/5 of us for the most part. The only bad thing i found was the it was only 1 round, would be better to have 2 rounds so there not so much loading, and also maybe revise the map rotation, cuz at one stage it was trying to play all of the bocage maps, 1-3. I still like to see it was a DC server, but maybe certain weeks or something it could be different mods dunno? on a whole though a big thumbs up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

yeah , i agree , and the spawn killing was lame , even though i took part in one version of it , but only cause it had been done to me the map before . I was sitting in a tank going " this isn't fun "

Any other games we would all have in common ?

DOD , bf1942 , call of duty , TAC-ops ( me only i guess) , Eve of destruction , ?

Its a kick playin with guys I have been discussing topics with for the last 12 months.

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I suggest we get a maps thread going, everyone suggest maps they like and want to play (i.e. Not Kursk!), maps which are playable with 6/8. when we have a good rotation of about 8/10 we'll put them on 2 rounds per map and make that go on the server.

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

yes very dissapointed. basrah lasted all of 30 seconds:(

id like to see the custom maps played more as you cant play them coop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

DC-73 easting
    Desert Shield
    Basrah's Edge
    No fly zone
    Gazala
    Wake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭BenH

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    Any chance of running vanilla 1942 with Phillipines.
    Still on 56k and couldnt be arsed d/l DC on 56k.Would most definately prefer to have a game with fellow Irish persons as opposed to Germans,Swiss etc.and probably a lower ping aswell.
    Richie

Contact Winters or Shinzon, I sent them both copies of the latest DC a couple of weeks back and should be willing to pass it on (if theyve got it yet)

Alternatively http://www.edgecom.biz/ should be able to burn you a disc. Its run by Echomadman and TheBeerBaron here on the boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

anybody around for DC for a few hours tonight ie. now perhaps??

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Yeah sure, I've been in and out all night I'll camp there for a while see if anyone shows up. Oh and the Bocage is on and it doesnt seem to be changing 8( my most disliked map....

Good game again tonight ! I haven't laughed out loud like that during a game in ages, oh and sorry again Kaimera I didn't see the dustbin, honest ! :p

lol! :D

np m8. typical iraqi technicals :p

for shame about the ****ing ping atm. tis horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

does the server ever have alot of people on it? the most iv seen is 6 people, not enough for a proper game
    surely the irish gaming comunity isnt this dead? :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Not dead---Just cant be bothered downloading all the updates on 56k even though I can get a decent enough game through the all seeing eye
    .Jimeatsmenu is sending me out all the updates for bf1942 next week so then there will be 7 on that server.

Suggestion for the mods.

Maybe if you lot got a load of copies of the updates and passed them around at say €2.00 a pop we`d have that server full up fairly quickly.
    I know Id use the service.
    Richie.

If there is anyone in the Limerick area , I can burn the updates for them .

john.

this happens already, but i dont see why there should be a charge.

you get the disc and pass it on to someone else etc...
    its worked for me many times before. i got a disc off winters and sent it on to suppafly, and on monday ill be sending one to hellrazer. ive never paid or been paid.

Well I have no intention of charging anyone , as long as they are not taking the piss .

I would have no problem burning updates for anyone in the community .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ill post cd's to the first 3 people that pm me :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Maybe not a charge but a return of a blank disc and to cover postage charges---Iknow its not much but if the likes of Jim was sending out a few a week then it could all add up.
    But yeah when Im finished with the one Jimeatsmenu sends to me Ill burn a few copies and post them on to anyone who wants them.

Richie.

think everyone has it at this stage. but keep it in mind for when new updates come out.

btw, didnt cost me one cd, winters did it ;)

anyways, where was i? oh yes, on a lagless games2 :D

ps. did everyone get disconnected, or just me?

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu

anyways, where was i? oh yes, on a lagless games2 :D

*sighs*

it was for me anyway...till BattleAxe.

dunno wtf it is. only myself lagging like ****. :(

[edit]

ya, I got d/c from the server when i reconnected.
    Couldn't connect then through ASE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    didnt cost me one cd, winters did it ;)

Na, I charged it to the company. Though then again i own the company so it does cost me :( ... meh :)

• Advertisement

i got dissconnected from games2, i assumed it was because of my woefully bad connection, so i left it.

but all today i cant get a ping off the server.
    is something, up?

I'd say its offline cause I can't ping it either.

Yeah same here sever seems to be down all day, pity I fancied a quick game 8(

Thanks to Jimeatsmenu-Got that disc this morning.Cant wait to get home to install it and get a game going.
    So whats the story about getting a game going tonight between 10.30 and 11.00.
    Is there a password needed for that Cavan server???
    Richie

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    Thanks to Jimeatsmenu-Got that disc this morning.Cant wait to get home to install it and get a game going.
    So whats the story about getting a game going tonight between 10.30 and 11.00.
    Is there a password needed for that Cavan server???
    Richie

There is no password on the server, you should be able to connect without a problem as long as you have DC 0.5 and BF v1.5 [Both of which I remember putting on that Disc]. And most importantly, if the server is back running tonight :D

but, but, but,

i just bought max payne 2. oh well.
    it'll have to wait till tomorrow :)

Dammit man have you no self control!

Should have sent that text while waiting in the que at Spar to tell you not to buy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

revhellfire reports that the dc server on games2 is back up.

and the plebs did rejoice.

\o/

[come on, it was only €30. damn retailers with their low low prices and attractive display]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

i think the server is perfect, pings are low even for my wireless broadband connection.

I enjoyed the session tonight, except that Dev killed me all the time (oh ,I hate these stingers!!!!!). ;)

But, hey: it was my first time with DC after a long long looong break.

See ya more often... and than with my jow player tag and I will practice a little bit

:ninja:

jow

Advertisement