Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morning After Pill

• 21-11-2003 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Horrible situation I have got myself in::

-Had sex for first time monday (with girlfriend)
    -Didn't use condom
    - She had to get morning after pill

To add insult to injury::
    - Had sex last night
    -Didn't use condom again for stupid reasons (please don't ask)

Can she take the morning after pill again (same cycle)?

I didn't actually come but I heard that the pre-ejaculation fluid is actually worse than actually semen. Is this just the case for STIs?

I have said I will go to the doctor with her tomorrow but would really like to know now if anyone knows the answer to these.

I'm doing my nut and I presume she is too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Right your first mistake she should deffiently be ok after taking the morning after pill and your worry about the precum well its true it can contain sperm but its dependant on how recently you came before that. Precum comes from the cowpers gland and it contains no sperm in its purest form but some can be lodged in your shaft or the likes.

All in all id say your 100% cool because i dont think she would be fertile so soon after taking the morning after pill so chill out.

Exact same thing happened to me and i often get lost in the heat of the moment aswell but always just carry a condom with ya instead of going grey every 28 days or so :).

take care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The above seems to make good sense.

Anyone else wanna give a second opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

run like f**k

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

I would say you would be nearly 99.9 % ok but make sure you do go to your doctor tomorrow.

Best of luck (hoping you wont need it)

Chief.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

personally my gf is on the pill and we use a condom, but we still get a little freaked every month, its just the way it is....
    id say you'l be cool cos the morning after pill is a huge dose of oestregen and id say it would totally stop fertalisation for that cycle, however i wouldnt take any chances cos its not the kind of thing you want to wait for....

as I am man said, its easy to get caught up in a moment, and condoms can be huge mood killers, but id much prefer that to a kid or the stress every time you get carried away, also, is your gf on the pill? if not id seriously reccommend it, bout €12 a month and well worth it

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

Tell your girlfriend it may be a god idea to go on the pill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Chief---
    I would say you would be nearly 99.9 % ok but make sure you do go to your doctor tomorrow.

Best of luck (hoping you wont need it)

Chief.

If you use all the protection in the world you'll never be more than about 98% protected. Sometimes nature just finds a way. You have to wait until her cycle comes around again to know for sure either way. Does the morning after pill every NOT work I wonder? Either way to do the same thing twice is a bit dumb. What are you going to do BEFORE the next time? The doctor might think you are taking the piss looking for the morning after pill twice in the same week. You've doubled your chances of it not working. You'd have to find out how long the pill works for and if you were still in that timeframe. If not then you'll have to find out if you can take another one. The only person who can tell you all that is your doctor.

Hope it all works out and that both of you get some smarts after all this.

Morning after pil is actually only effective 75% of the time. Doesn't work for a full cycle.

The above is completely untrue it is more than 75% effective and whether she is early,mid or late cycle wont higher or lower that. If its going to work it will work regardless of what stage she is at in her cycle.

Because she took the morning after pill so recently before you had sex the second time i think it would be somewhat a miracle if she was fertile that soon.

Dont be worrying your ok. From experience your probably doing the worse thing someone can do - reading every health site out there and coming up with percentages like that.

Above someone made a good point - no matter how safe you are it IS always on your mind when it comes that time of the month.

Thats from VHIHealthe.com and IrishHealth.com

Find out soon enough anyway.

• Advertisement

Just for anyone who is reading this thread in the future with a similar problem.

The morning after pill is 75% effective. Doctor confirmed this.

You have to have a pregnancy test before taking it again in the same cycle.

If test is negative you can take it, if not start running.

And no i'm not going to be a daddy.

On what RicardoSmith said, I wouldn't recommend this experience for anyone. We had a highly heated discussion this morning on the subject.

Originally posted by Unreg_2003
    We had a highly heated discussion this morning on the subject.

Just to clarify me and the bird, not me and RicardoSmith.

I know how quick the boards lot are to point out these mistakes!!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Once you've gotten this sorted out, get your girlfriend to go to the doctor and go on the pill. I take Microlite, it costs about E45 for a 6 month prescription, and it hasn't given me any side effects. I've been going out with my boyfriend for 4 years and have been taking the pill for 3 years now, and no bother so far.

I did have to take the MAP once, due to a split condom, and it isn't an experience that I'm keen to repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i'd like to just say one thing, and i'm sorry if i offend anyone but........

YOU'RE A ****IN MUPPET!!!

its cos of gob ****es like u that we see kids pushin kids around the street in buggies, so GROW THE **** UP AND COP ON TO YOURSELF!!

Human error.

Your the muppet here if anyone newband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye, you're the one that needs to grow up ffs.

i was nearly in the same situation myself recently (if only i'd known about pre-come not being effective until after you've come once:rolleyes: )

Human error.

Your the muppet here if anyone newband.

how am i the muppet, by usin a condom AS WELL as my gf bein on the pill, u have obviously done the same thing as the gob ****e who left the origional msg so in all fairness, **** u
    ;)

You just expanded your muppetism.

muppetism isn't even a word. You're so intelligent, how i envy you.

We'll leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

although I would say she should be on the pill, there are various reasons why women dont go on it whether it be for health (or mental health reasons in my opinion.) so Im not going to jump on the bandwagon about that one, but you really should use condoms - I know its not the best and tends to ruin the moment sometimes but the consequences far outweigh that in my opinion.

my knowledge of the morning after pill is that it can be taken up to 72 hours after. Although they dont recommend taking it more than a few times in the space of a few years! I think its something got to do with its effectiveness. You'll have to ask the doctor, your GP will do anything he can to help you out on this one but he may give her a bit of a roasting and I really dont think he would give her the morning after pill again in the space of a week, you'll have to ask him.

I dont think (me not being a doctor) that she would be fertile so soon after taking the Morning after pill as she would have to be ovulating again within the last week, between the first time she took it and this time, but the morning after pill knocks your system for six after you take it . ALthough fertility is a bizarre thing IMO, and very much depends on the individual woman..indeed, sometimes nature has a way.

Lets know how you get on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭liz2000

takin the mo pill too much is a quick way for your gf to get really ill, i took it twice in one month before and was so ill and had high blood pressure ect, its a massive dose of the reg pill so its too much hormone in one motnht, i think u actually only suppposed to take it max twice a yr, could be wrong on that though, anyway tell her not to take it again and she willbe fine anyway, it was still in her system from that time, also it works well if taken right and provided she doesent puke, have diahorea or take an antibiotic which can destroy it. really think u both be fine but god let us know anyay, the pill is a good option for yis both if u are sure that u are both sti free, maybe get tested, although this is somethin u both would have exposed each other to anyway, so good luck and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

-Didn't use condom

- Had sex last night

You're a great argument for young people not having sex at all.

[Edit] - Goddamit it Eamonn - log out of the computers every once and a while - Jeff_Lebowski [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

-Didn't use condom

- Had sex last night

Can she take the morning after pill again (same cycle)?

I didn't actually come but I heard that the pre-ejaculation fluid is actually worse than actually semen. Is this just the case for STIs?

I have said I will go to the doctor with her tomorrow but would really like to know now if anyone knows the answer to these.

I'm doing my nut and I presume she is too.

Yeah, the morning after pill really screws chicks up... no pun.

In any case, I'd advise you put you're bird on the pill post haste, since it's quite obvious the two of you are quite into the no protected sex thing.

Advertisement