Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My eyes hurt

Options
  • 08-11-1999 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Just a query-
    After the department of justice ruling on Microsoft and their monopoly, how many of you patrons think it's a proud time to be an AMerican PC user?
    How many of you dont use Windows but choose some demon variant on Unix?
    Finally, how many of you, now be honest, think that all in all, Macs, (even the ones that are solar panelled and have an ISP deal incuded that sends all your charges to a SAVE THE RAINFORESTS fund) are nicer and just plain better than our trusted cream Bill Gates sponsered boxes?
    Excelling Excelsior

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Down with the MAc, it smiles at you when its turned on (wtf?)

Unix is also evil.

In short, use windows and conform with the rest of the world...

...join us.... its bliisssssssssss....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Umm, all of them please. smile.gif I use Linux/FreeBSD/Solaris for work, a Mac for graphics stuff, Windows for games and BeOS for just messing around.

Just use whatever is right for the job, there's no point in getting fanatical about any OS in particular.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

DrTeeth, youre my hero. That kind of attitude is what our science needs. Except Solaris, for that is the work of the Egyptian demon gods. As for El Presidente, do you get paid by someone for being so narrow minded?

Yes, his name is Bill something or other.

Where do you want to go today?

El

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

ya BeOS fukin rox , i saw it on a mates puter runnin sone rendering proggie OMG the speed

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Standards drive things forward. Then more standards the better. I like M$ but I code for all OSes. I'd prefer if there was ONE OS. I'm not predisposed as to which but right now that would have to be Windows if we cant conform to standards (M$ is guilty more then anyone of Embrace and Extend nonsense.)

Just give standards lots of standards under starry sky above... dont fence me in...

BTW excelsior, where do you get off calling people narrowminded... you asked for opinions, el pres gave his and because you dont agree you insult him? Not very open minded of you...

DeV.

deV, (kind of like deValera, he was a proponent of cults too you know? Great guy though. Won some great battles for us on the international scene)
    Anywhoo, whether he likes to admit it here or not, El Presidente is my best friend. he was the one who prompted this posting with comedic sketches we put together about PC owner's apple envy. The narrow mindedness wasa reference to those jokes.
    deVore, please dont jump to those kind of conclusions. sometimes people communicate things that they may not have previously discussed with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'm with 98 cos of the driver support for all the lovely gadgets I have. But if/when something else Linux/BEos/whatever gets to the same level, then I'll finally be wintel free.

AMD ROOOLZ!!! wink.gif

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

there's no point in getting fanatical about any OS in particular.

...says mr. BeOS t-shirt smile.gif

go on, admit it. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I'm sorry, but I think the MAC is the dogs b0llix.

Compared to windows it is so easy to use and friendly, and no hassles, easy to maintain. The only reason I still use windows is I'm forced to (forced to use AS/400 too *ack!*).

While my laptop doesn't smile at me when it shuts down, it does have a deadly seductive voice for messages.

Ps. Driver support in Windows sucks. Also the USB in windows sucks. I plug a USB device into the mac and it just works. Plug the same device into a PC with Win98 and you get all this "updating drivers" crap and dialogs popping up. Very annoying.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 08-11-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

win 3.1x all the way man....

Disk operating System (Or DOS to you new kids) is the way to the future.

If you want sexy , then forget your coloured plastics and smiley faces, give me a nice blank screen with a courser up the top left hand corner.

youve inspired me el presidnete.
    forget all this new fangled hoop-la about malibu blue perspex or universal serial bus ports or even the finest implemented piece of technology since fire, intel's REVOLUTIONARY advanced graphics board. the way to the future is the past. microsoft is evil, i think we all accept that. some of us choose to live submissively in the shaded evil of bill's shadow, some of us rally against it with futile actions like buying gimmickey apple products. im sure lots of us remeber the good old days, when games were games plain and simple, and code was still long strings of 1s and 0s.

i call to you to rise, rise and be free.
    ditch your apple and pc
    sir clive was right
    the sinclair spectrum has the MIGHT.
    the c64 should reign once more
    remember mario on the nes my mates
    return to them and overthrow bill gates.
    in fact im wrong
    not far enough have i gone in this wee on-the spot song
    digital technology is the evil in our way
    PEDAL POWERED DIFFERENCE MACHINES FOR ALL I SAY!

I'm sorry, i know this has nothing to do with Quake as such, but i feel creative.
    excuse it and i plead, dont kick me off mercilessly for breaking the code i try so hard to prescribe to.
    Excelsior

[This message has been edited by Excelsior (edited 09-11-99).]

Oh alright Hec, can't I be just a *little* fanatical about the underdog OS? smile.gif

And *if* I'm going to rise up and cast off my PC, there's NO WAY I'm going to use some POS home console yoke! Give me a nice old DECStation or a VAX anyday. Mmmmm Ultrix... smile.gif

Teeth.

I almost feel like saying "NERD!!!!!!!!!!" but I wont cus it could be so easily thrown back at me.

You reminise happily Teeth.

El

Cheers bud. tongue.gif

Teeth.

Advertisement