Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QW screen tearing

Options
  • 09-11-1999 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

try vid_mode 3 this works for me
    gl is the way forward tho.
    I am trying to set up gl on a machine with
    an ati also. try ati.com d/l the latest
    drivers get the opengl32.dll file from
    the windows system dir and copy it into
    quake otherwise try glsetup.com

Gerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Bad Experience with the GLsetup thing .. but i'll try the other way,

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

The tearing could be a result of having vsync off.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

try the latest drivers at http://support.atitech.ca/drivers/index.html , ive a rage pro and a "400" and i get 40 fps in q3 steadily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Fergal

vsynch is off.Download powerstrip and turn it on . It might be possible to turn it on in your drivers but i dont have a rage 128.You could also find a good ATI disscussion board. They would know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

In keeping with the current trend, my new graphics card has unleashed yet another irritating problem upon me. (this isn't really a tech problem - i think its just something to do with settings)

When playing normal CA Quake, i am now getting higher FPS (which i excpected) but their is some screen tearing i.e lines across the screen and a lack of clarity (much like many of my earlier posts) ... anyhows seeing as my new card (Rage12 sunglasses.gif can play Q3 and the old one (back of a cereal box) couldn't, i assume it should be improving Quake CA for me not the other way round.

Is there some CFG command i'm missing?
    Should i continue the hunt for Glide 2x dll and play GL Quake?

Or should i just take this one to the Tech boards?

Cheers apu in advance,

J.

• Advertisement
Advertisement