Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

norton email is this another clever virus?

Options
  • 21-11-2003 11:02pm

I got an email tonight from "melissa" at msn.com

It looks and is designed as a html ad for norton anti virus 2003 but none of the links work on it.

I have a good firewall here and up to date anti virus .

I'm presuming this is another dud??

It looks as genuine as that microsoft patch email that was doing the rounds recently.

So is it a virus/browser hack? and has anyone else got it?

mm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

cant' say that i have, but then again i never open anything that comes from microsoft or msn or any other well known company for that matter. Unless you subscribed for something from that address don't bother opening it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd be very careful about anything invloving the name Melissa! One of the best known virus of recent years went by that name! Just checked the Norton site they have nothing on a fake message....

Mike.

Advertisement