Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nero eXpress being a biatch

Options
  • 21-11-2003 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

i have a DvD-R drive on my laptop comes bundled with Nero eXpress.

First thing I did when i got the laptop was a fdisk and XP Pro went on it. [XP home was the default OS]

so Nero worked fine for a while but now I cant burn CD-R's of any description.
    I get a "Cant find start track" error and the burn doesn't even start. [yes I know, least I saved a cd :)]

other things is, when I open nero, under the heading what would you like to burn? there is no text.
    It only appears when i run the mouse over them and then they go when I move the mouse again.

tis very annoying.

i can burn DvD's [DATA dvds] grand....just not cd-r's

Only other thing that was installed was Virtual Machine and Red Hat 9 through VM.

Any ideas? or just go for Nero 6?

I have Nero 5.5 for my home pc but I dont know if twill work with my DvD burner

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I take it you have disabled the antivirus

I had the ISO burner from XP powertoys - stopped working after a few windoes updates..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

it has burnt without me disabling Norton.

I have Alcohol120% but tis only a ISO burner.

Advertisement