Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US "mass graves"?

Options
  • 21-11-2003 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

If stories in this articleare true then it exposes it as a lie that "they're better than Saddam".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think the article exaggerates, however, I suspect the Americans do manipulate the figures (just as the British did in Northern Ireland - deaths were put down to accidents abroad).

One of the fuzzy things about the invasion was the number of Iraqis (trained in Hungary) and others fighting with the Americans. These can simply be put down as Iraqi deaths, even if they are wearing American-style uniforms (I don't know whether they carry American insignia or not).

More of the notable factors of the war has been the universal use of body armour by the Americans - leading to a disproportionately high number of limb injuries, but fewer deaths (most combat deaths being caused by trauma to the head and body).

One American officer when questioned on the number of Iraqi deaths commented "we are not in the nbusiness of body counts".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is'nt the net marvellous its just like newsprint - its does'nt refuse ink! Seriously if this article were true we'd already know. How? The bleedin net! Hundreds, no thousands of the dead mens relatives would be using this medium to communicate with each other and start a web community then they'd be blogging and posting where-ever they felt they could and anyone could pick up on it using er google.

I typed three names mentioned in the article (Dr Doug Rokke, Mazen Dama and his brother) into google and came back with absolutely nothing to link then to the subject in question. Indeed the latter two accounted for
    about 6 links in total. Typed in variations for Dr Rokke including use of the words Iraq, US Troops and Missing
    and Unacccounted.

The story is bull

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by mike65
    Is'nt the net marvellous its just like newsprint - its does'nt refuse ink! Seriously if this article were true we'd already know. How? The bleedin net! Hundreds, no thousands of the dead mens relatives would be using this medium to communicate with each other and start a web community then they'd be blogging and posting where-ever they felt they could and anyone could pick up on it using er google.

I typed three names mentioned in the article (Dr Doug Rokke, Mazen Dama and his brother) into google and came back with absolutely nothing to link then to the subject in question. Indeed the latter two accounted for
    about 6 links in total. Typed in variations for Dr Rokke including use of the words Iraq, US Troops and Missing
    and Unacccounted.

The story is bull

Mike.

I think your dismissing it out of hand. Just because it's not widely linked on the net yet doesn't mean a whole lot. I know that bulldozing of date groves are happening, so it's possible the mass graves are as well.
    Time (maybe) will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by mike65

I typed three names mentioned in the article (Dr Doug Rokke, Mazen Dama and his brother) into google and came back with absolutely nothing to link then to the subject in question.

My Google search on "Mazen Dana Nazmi" produced the following:

about the graves
    ... West Bank (IslamOnline.net) -- The brother of Reuters cameraman Mazen Dana said he ... The
    US troops killed my brother in cold blood," Nazmi Dana told IslamOnline ...
    www.strike-free.net/dead_list/ popup/about_the_graves.htm - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Palestine Chronicle - Reuters Cameraman Killed For Filming US ...
    ... al-Ragoub OCCUPIED JERUSALEM - The brother of Reuters cameraman Mazen Dana said he ... The
    www.palestinechronicle.com/ article.php?story=2003081918513248 - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

Islam Online- News Section
    ... August 19 (IslamOnline.net) - The brother of Reuters cameraman Mazen Dana said he ... The
    www.islam-online.net/English/News/ 2003-08/19/article08.shtml - 57k - Cached - Similar pages

Reuters Cameraman Killed For Filming US Graves, Brother Says by ...
    ... KHALIL, West Bank, August 19 - The brother of Reuters cameraman Mazen Dana said he ... The
    www.people-link.org/news/showupdates.php?upid=961 - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Recipe for Terror
    ... Further, Mazen Dana, the Award winning Reuters camera man, shot dead by US troops ... from
    the US Authorities in Baghdad - told his brother Nazmi, a chilling tale ...
    www.commondreams.org/views03/1120-04.htm - 16k - 21 Nov 2003 - Cached - Similar pages

Dünya [21.08.03]
    ... Cenazeye engel. Nazmi Dana, cenazenin, Batı Şeria’daki El Halil kentine ... Dana
    Mazen’in kamerası, El Halil’deki yasadışı Yahudi yerleşimciler için ...
    www.evrensel.net/03/08/21/dunya.html - 33k - Cached - Similar pages

Cyprus IMC - Turkish: newswire/106
    ... Bağdat yakınlarında öldürülen Reuters kameramanı Mazen Dana’nın kardeşi,
    cinayetin kasten işlendiğini belirtti. Nazmi Dana, İslamOnline adlı ...
    turkish.cyprusdada.bandwidthcoop.org/ newswire/display/106/index.php - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

Freace - Mußte Dana sterben?
    ... Mazen sagte mir am Telephon ein paar Tage vor seinem Tod, daß ... bei Angriffen des
    irakischen Widerstands getötet worden sind, zu verstecken", so Nazmi Dana. ...
    www.freace.de/artikel/aug2003/dana200803.html - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

mistero delle fosse comuni
    ... Nazmi ha inoltre denunciato che le truppe USA intendevano impedire il trasferimento
    della salma nella città palestinese di Hebron, in cui Mazen Dana era nato. ...
    www.uruknet.info/analisi/ mistero_delle_fosse_comuni.html - 22k - Cached - Similar pages

Advertisement