Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat related problem( i think )......

• 22-11-2003 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi, Ive a dell 2400. p4 2.66. I reacently tried to fit a new heatsink but failed i did however add extra thermal paste... i put bak on the dell heatsink. everything seamed to be opk. I was playing mafia ther for about 20 mins and the p.c speaker beeped once and the pc stalled....... my room is freezing.....is it cos the heatsink is not fixed properly?????? i hate messing with the CPU

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Originally posted by greenman
    This might be of interest. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126086 :confused::confused::confused:

oi stop trying to freak people out lol

henry_14 what temps are you reading in your bios for the cpu? check this out and see if it's what it should be. download a mainboard monitor to check on the temps while running windows. Check to make sure you heat sink is on properly. Was there termal paste between the heatsink and chip when you put the old one back on? If not, put some on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Originally posted by Henry_14
    i did however add extra thermal paste...
    Did you remove all traces of the old thermal pad from both hs and cpu and then clean both surfaces with acetone before applying the new paste? If there's too much paste (more than paper thin), it'll reduce heat transfer and insulate your cpu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

there are no temp readings in the bios(damm dell). I think its sorted. I brought it to pc world tis morning and he removed all the paster and applied new paste.... Its fine now. and all this for free:D

Advertisement