Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom HELP! Error 734 PPP link control protocol terminated.

• 22-11-2003 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Ok, im writing this here just incase there is a quick fix that dont know of without having to talk to the people at eircom for hours 2morrow.

I get the following message eveytime i try to log into my Eircom i-stream account. PPP link control protocol terminated. My security options are 'Allowed unseccured password', Enable LCP Extentions is unchecked and so is 'Negotiate multi link for single link connections'. In other words its not the commen solutions. This just happened out of the blue starting on thursday evening and is still a problem now (Friday night). I read somewhere that there is another fix... "It turned out that there was already a session going under his username, and we only allow one connection per username at a time" which could be the problem too, but i doubt it.

Can anyone help or shall i just have to talk to the eircom staff for agessssssssss tommorow? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ive had this before when i was using a username an eircom engineer gave me (which im sure other people were using). As far as i know it is a username problem and you are going to have to give them a call.

But as always dont quote me on that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Yeah, had this problem myself last Saturday. Basically you were disconnected for some reason and the eircom server still thinks you're connected and so it won't let you log in again. You'll have to ring them I'm afraid, but to save time and money, just tell them very quickly to do a forced logout of your username and to ring you back when they've done it. Shouldn't take more than 60secs (ie. €0.75c) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Thanks a million guys, really appreciate it. Ill post again if/when im back on, how did i ever live with 56k? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

ah lads ur genius's, ur were both spot on. THe guy said eh ye eircom thinks ur still logged in, so ill just log u off and restart u Pc and it shud be fine. So i did, and i was, back on adsl now, thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Originally posted by Yelnahs
    how did i ever live with 56k? :)

No probs. Glad you got it sorted.......and yeah 56k is just sooooooo slow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement