Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having to refresh web pages before they will load

• 22-11-2003 2:01am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I noticed over that past while that quite oftenI have had to refresh a web page to get it to load. Like most of these things I did not pay too much attention to it (except that the frequency of it was increasing) I notice though that someone else is also experiencing this (they have mentioned it in a post on the UTV newsgroup) so I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this since changing over to broadband?

I dont remember it ever being a problem on dial up and I use the net fairly regularly in work and often in cafes and it rarely if ever happens. I am using Clicksilver.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

nope.. hasnt happened here anyway

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

hmm strange one alright,

are you directly connecting to the internet, i mean no routers etc and what OS you using ??

Chief.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Am using a DSL 504 router and windows xp (home version) Have a mac as well must keep an eye on that and see if it happens there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

use a better browser, use Mozilla Firebird! It sounds like a browser problem, OR that your connectoin is getting dropped every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Never had it happen here, pages open pretty fast. I'm also on Clicksilver and use Firebird browser.
    Dump IE if that's what your using and see if other browsers have the same problem. Firebird wipes the floor with IE imho (bookamrk toolbar across the top, tabbed browsing, mouse gestures etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Used to have a similar problem on IOL, switched over to Netscape, problem sorted. IE still mucks up if I ever open it. So just switch browsers. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

Agree with Mutant_Fruit, I switched to Firebird and it is simply the best browser. Also I find Mozilla Thunderbird a much better mailer than Outlook.

Advertisement