Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin Myers hangs up on Nell McCafferty

Options
  • 22-11-2003 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

I was listening to Marian Finucane's RTE Radio program on Friday and there was auld Nell McCafferty wheezing away in a studio while Kevin Myers was trying to make a point via his telephone link to the show. It finally got to the point with McCafferty talking over Myers and interrupting him and making insulting remarks that he just put down the phone and that was it. As Marian made her sign-off she said the show had a good few calls rapping McCafferty on the knuckles for her discourteous behaviour. I sent Marian's producers a note saying that in future they might consider doing breath-alcohol screening on their guests before they let them at the microphones. (Shades of Eamonn Dunphy.) Should be good craic on the show Monday when Marian tells us what kind of response came in from listeners who heard the episode!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was told about that! Did she actually sounds like she's been at "mothers little helper"? If so thats very poor show on the part of the programme makers as well as McCafferty.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

Mind ye, I've said nuttin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Gearoid

ok well while that McCarthy was out of order I couldn't care less what happens to Kevin Myarse cos frankly ke deserves everything he gets I hate the way he takes the high ground on everything and every one else is simply wrong, A relic of British Rule and Conservatism.

Advertisement