Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Music store

• 22-11-2003 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

This might be of interest to some of you:

www.musicselection.com

It's a canadian music store, I've bought quite a lot from them and found the service satisfactory. They have an excellent selection. Delivery takes a long time but if you don't mind waiting, you can get stuff relatively cheap there if it's released in the US or Canada (if they have to import it from europe it's more expensive though).

Sometimes they won't be able to get the albums you order, but that's a minor inconvenience considering the low prices they offer. I've saved a lot of money ordering from these guys instead of buying music here, or even on play.com (play.com is still good though). On average I've paid about 13-16 euro for each cd I've ordered, including delivery (which is two dollars to ireland). A lot of the stuff I buy wouldn't be available in stores here, or would be exorbitantly priced if it is (22+ euro).

Anyhow, worth checking out. I would recommend searching by album title instead of artist name by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

That's a bit dear, try www.cd-wow.com.hk
    Although they're a bit chart centric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Originally posted by eth0_

I'm prob missing something here, but what bout www.cdwow.ie, it's the same site i reckon cept it's geared more towards ireland; prices are in € etc. Most cd's generally go for bout €13.95 unless there like special editions or double cd's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

If you order from hong kong site, its the same company sending you the same stuff, from the same place, but cheaper! For example the alicia keys album on cdwow.ie is €13.95 from hong kong site its €10.30 ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Another good site to check out is DJAngos in the States.

They sell new and secondhand CDs and DVDs. They often have a special offer for shipping. At the moment, I think that $25 worth of new CD/DVD/VHS ship for free worldwide. It changes from time to time, so you need to check it out. But they have a huge range, and anything I've ever ordered has always arrived reasonably quickly (considering it's in the states) and well packaged.

Originally posted by huh!
    If you order from hong kong site, its the same company sending you the same stuff, from the same place, but cheaper! For example the alicia keys album on cdwow.ie is €13.95 from hong kong site its €10.30 ,

jesus, didn't know that. is this true with most of the cd's on the site. how long does the postage take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I got everything I've ordered in 3-5 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Maybe one of the CDwow threads should be stickied? Could save a lot of people a lot of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭dumb larry

Originally posted by eth0_

Yes, I'm sure cdwow is cheaper for some things, but they have a really crap selection. It's so bad that I have never seen anything I want to order on their site, either dvds or cds. play's cd selection is somewhat better, but musicselection.com have a huge selection. That's why I posted about it.

That djangos site looks good.
    www.spun.com is a similar site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I rarely buy major-label CDs, so its unfortunate that I cannot avail of CD-Wow's Hong Kong site as much as, say, play.com.

But the CDs that I have bought from there though are super cheap and arrive suprisingly quickly (got one CD in two days).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by cuan
    how long does the postage take.
    Exactly the same amount of time as ordering from the .ie site.

I've always found the postage remarkably fast (and faster than play.com as well)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ciderandhavoc

I saw a cd this morning in HMV for E24 - on CDWOW.ie for 13.95 and I got it today (delivered today, ordered last wednesday) for E10.30.

An amazing bargain, and I'm well impressed - i've bought DVDs and CDs off them for the past few weeks, and I don't think I'll ever pay for a CD in Dublin again.

People will notice however that some products are not available on the HK as opposed to the IE site (try Pride and Prejudice on DVD - getting it for the sister from crimbo).

And i thought i was being smart ordering from cdwow.ie as opposed to buying in the high street. 10.30 is well over 50% off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by cuan
    And i thought i was being smart ordering from cdwow.ie as opposed to buying in the high street.
    Ah, you were being smart - you were saving money after all. From now on, you're going to be even smarter:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭mobby

Anyone see the news on TV3 tonight 6.30pm just caught something about some crowd trying to halt people buying cd\dvds on line from the likes of CD Wow etc
    anyone now what the full story is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by mobby
    Anyone see the news on TV3 tonight 6.30pm just caught something about some crowd trying to halt people buying cd\dvds on line from the likes of CD Wow etc
    anyone now what the full story is?

I heard it briefly aswell..........Anyone enlighten us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

afaik it IRMA who are suing cdwow.ie (only the dot ie division). basically saying that as they are a hong kong retailer we shouldnt be able to order from them as they (IRMA) approve what cd's can be sold in ireland or bull**** along those lines.

honest to god its really pathetic that their line is to try to sue the competition out of the market instead of trying to compete with them price-wise. my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

this thread is discussing the topic of irma vs cdwow

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127530

Advertisement