Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini atx

• 22-11-2003 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

[not the epia jobbies]

anyone have one of these?
    seems there is no disadvantage apart from missing 2 PCI slots.
    stats available...

intel 865
    800FSB [200]
    dual 3200 ddr
    onboard lan, usb2, vga, sound...
    serial ata
    agp x8 ......etc......

what benifits do you get from a bigger board?

dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

As far as i was aware the wasnt a p4 mini itx due out til 04. Have you got any links to this board ?? I'd love to check it out but i presume its over E500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think the advantage of minit atx is that the case can be put in places where space is at a premium. I dont think you should use mini atx if ya want to build a high performance pc. Mini Atx would be handy as a DivX player and at LAN's etc. That s the advantages I see with them anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

whats wrong with the micro atx standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

mini itx is way smaller than micro atx. Some epia boards are only 17 cm square. Only prob is crap processor, 1 ghz via is not equal to even p3 400mhz id say altho a nehemiah core aint too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

sorry i thought this was some other form factor. original poster called it mini atx not mini itx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah where is the link to the board with those stats.

here's a link to a selection of cases. You'll struggle to find mini ATX high performance board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

what bout shuttles ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

why u wanna get a mini atx dave?? are they generally cheaper than shuttles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

some of ye are refering to mini ITX [the epias], i'm talking about mini [or micro?] ATX.
    here's a link to clear things up.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=118689&p=&t=1403&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=10&GrpID=10&cks=PRL

turns out they're not really much smaller than ATX, and cases for them are only marginally smaller, so full ATX is probably a better option. [for expandability]

p.s. "quarryman" you will rue the day that you want to get 2 PCI cards for that shuttle. [e.g. tv card + modem]
    i still think it's cool though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

USB MODEM ?

I have a shuttle

• Advertisement

Originally posted by davidclayton

p.s. "quarryman" you will rue the day that you want to get 2 PCI cards for that shuttle. [e.g. tv card + modem]
    i still think it's cool though.

never gonna happen :D

modem? pah! its broadband now baby, no more .....ughhh...... dial-up sh*t. :)

TV card?..................shut up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

modem? pah! its broadband now baby, no more .....ughhh...... dial-up sh*t.
    cept its not working at the mo and your over in mine trying to get your fix of net on a ....... oh, shock, horror, 56k!

hahaha :D

cept its not working at the mo and your over in mine trying to get your fix of net on a ....... oh, shock, horror, 56k!

hahaha

56k? if you can get 56k on your dial-up gimme a call. eh, disconnect first.

hahaha
    :D

Advertisement