Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB / MOUSE Freezing

Options
  • 22-11-2003 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

I've got this annoying problem which mainly occurs while I'm playing games but can happen in windows as well.

My mouse (ltech mx300) just suddenly freezes up / loses connection. I have to replug the mouse into the usb ports to get it to work again.
    I've tried a lot of things to fix it, using different ports won't help. Tried all different mouseware drivers.

I'm on Windows XP Pro. I even installed service pack 1 and the usb fixes which are meant to come with it. Nothing helped. I disabled USB power saving as well.
    Anyone got a clue as to how to fix this?

I haven't had this problem before running Windows XP Pro and this mouse. Then my HDD was destroyed (physical damage) and I had to reinstall windows and everything on a new one. After that my mouse has been locking up all the time. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the mouse itself.

Motherboard: KT3 Ultra2-R
    AMD XP 2100+
    512mb ddr ram

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Get a USB to PS/2 connector and dump the USB drivers see if that sorts the problems lots of people have hassle with the USB mice...just use PS/2 it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

No. It's been working FINE for the past 8 months until I re-installed windows on a new hdd. There's something which has gone wrong that has to be fixable. Mouse is working fine on other pc's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

melachi

you will need to completely remove your mobo usb drivers..
    (remove all the usb devices attached to the card hub too)
    boot back into windows

and reinstall them

and do another reboot

the manually add the usb devices 1-1 with there drivers

i had this prob before with that board and a usb adsl modem.

All the ones in the USB system tree? Or is there any extra.

When I unistall them, then reboot windows xp automatically adds them again.

It says

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
    USB Root Hub
    USB Root Hub
    VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Try also flashing your BIOS to the latest and greatest the chipset may have some glitches that have been fixed by the newest BIOS.

• Advertisement

I finally figured out what it was.
    Creatives AUDIOHQ thing. Removed it (don't even need it..) and everything creative. Except the actual windows drivers for my sb live 5.1 digital and it's been working fine ever since.

Grr.

Advertisement