Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freeview with RTE analogue?

• 22-11-2003 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭

Has any one tried to get freeview with their RTE & BBC aerials linked via a diplixer?
    About a year ago I had a Daewoo DT608SP prototype for field trials which worked quite well most of the time. At that time however the ITV/CH4 Mux was tx'ing at the higher data rate and so the rx on those channels was prone to break up.
    The main problem though was with the Mux at the upper end of the band (Sky News etc). As the low pass filter at the BBC/ITV side of the diplixer was filtering out everything above analogue ch 34. I'm about 20 Kliks NE of Newry and receive the UK channels from Divis and RTE from Claremont Carn. As I'm now considering the move to digital I would like to hear from anyone else who has encountered/ sorted this problem. FTA satelitte is a rather expensive option and it would much too big a scrape on my heart to subscribe to Mr. Murdock's channels, any ideas anyone?

MSB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hi, welcome, this is more suited to Terrestrial so moved there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Freeview feom divis uses Channels 21-48 (group K)
    Claremont Analouge uses 52-68 (group C/D)
    so you need a diplexer that can deal with these ranges

failing that youll need channelsed filters

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Going on the info from Mike, I suggest

Triax "5052" combiner, one leg 21-50, other leg 52-69

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

FAO: Mike1972 & DMC

Many thanks for the info guys, I hope to get the required diplexer & group K antenna in the next week or two, will post results after that!

Machead.

Advertisement