Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop question

• 22-11-2003 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Hey,

If i bought a latpop in American and brought it back to Ireland with me would it be just a case of changing the power supply?

-> Is this easily done?

-> Is it expensive?

-> Would i run into anyother problems?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

-> Is this easily done?
    It's probably not even necessary. Most laptops ship with 110-240V PSU's.
    Only thing you need to change is the FIG8 (usually) cable for 'round a fiver.

-> Is it expensive?
    'Bout a fiver for the FIG8 cable - but 'bout €100-150 if you need the whole PSU (very unlikly)

-> Would i run into anyother problems?
    Nope, well maybe a warrenty issue - but if you stick to big brands (toshiba) you get a worldwide warrenty. Oh and you'll have to change the DVD's default region code (by ticking a box in windows).

tribble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Thats brilliant, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Check the warranty, but.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Check with the manufacturer in regard to the DVD drive, whether it's region free or not... 5 changes on the samsung computers and you might as well bin the drive.

Mark

Advertisement