Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a program to split mp3 into sections

Options
  • 22-11-2003 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭

I got a 64min mp3 of Billy Connely live and I want to burn it onto cd. Problem is that there is only 1 track, so I will have to be fastforwarding every time I switch on the engine of the car because I'd be listening to it in bits and pieces on the way to work and to the shops etc

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Can't recommend this program enough for MP3 manipulation!. It needs the mp3 codecs if you break up the files and then re-encode them into MP3. But you shouldn't need that cause any CD burning program should be able to handle WAVs no prob. Download the 1.2.0pre3 version!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I have the same problem as Ando - i downloaded the Audacity program - seems largely for editing and messing around with tracks, but i couldnt find an option to split mp3s.
    The same site has a program called mp3split - which can cut a long mp3 like Ando's into tracks - WITHOUT decoding it.
    D/l-ed that, extracted files but couldnt execute it - do you know anything about this mp3split? it seems handier than audacity (for my purposes).

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭ando

Thats the one Ancient, on the page

http://www.media4pc.com/download.html

there is the mp3 splitter I think you were talking about, it seems to work fine for me. I managed to split the track into 12, 5 minute segments within a minute of installing the program!. Excellent :)

There are a few good apps for download there iswell, they might come in handy in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Cheers - turns out that the one i downloaded (from Offler's link above) was a ms-dos command program, a bit difficult for me :D I got the "Cool MP3 Splitter", seems to work fine - even though it's only a trial.
    I wouldnt really use splitters that much, so i dont want to buy one - i guess i'll be going through trials on a regular basis.

Have a look at this one http://www.yaosoft.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

ppl

cooledit pro

or sound forge

designed for this exact stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement