Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showing date as well as time?

Options
  • 22-11-2003 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway to have the current DATE permanently displayed on the bottom right of the screen along with the system clock?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In Windows XP
    simply make the taskbar three times as high by dragging the top up with the mouse (ie when you get a double headed arrow.

In Dos
    Prompt $D $T $P$G

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Captain where is the file for the prompt to save it's shape permanently cause I don't want to have to type that in everytime, like .bash_profile in Linux. Where are DOSs settings saved??.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

To permanently change your cmd prompt in XP, (process is similar in 2K aswell)
    => Right Click My Computer
    => Properties
    => Advanced
    => Environment variables
    => Add a new System Variable:
    Variable Name: prompt
    Variable Value: $D $T $P$G

Also right-click/properties your shortcut to cmd to more permanently customize its other visual aspects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://annoyances.org/exec/software/traydate
    that's a crappy workaround.

i'm sure there is a way to do it without installing any crap though (at least, there was in win98...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

It's a nerd thing tman :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

While we're at it: Every time I start the command prompt I find myself in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator> -- how do I set it to lock myself down to C:\?

adam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

When you RUN COMMAND.COM it invokes
    %windir%\system32\autoexec.nt (and config.nt)
    before it calls DOSX.EXE - that yoke sets you back to the relevant folder... Use CD and PAUSE and you will see this...

=======================

If you make a shortcut to CMD.EXE it will start in %windir% - ie. c:\windoze

A messy way to get to the c:\ would be a shortcut to a batch file like...
    C:
    CD \
    CMD.exe /K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

Try "TClockEx" - a piece of freeware that I find very good.

Type it into google and you'll get it on PCWorld.com/downloads/file etc

Advertisement