Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning Maynooth....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JP8000

Ok, those words, t'was very bold of me. I retract them.

Yours Sincerely
    Jp^8oo0

[This message has been edited by JP8000 (edited 06-11-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Pikachu

muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Right so Mr JP8000 - whats your name, you know us all - pls extend to us the same courtesy, instead of cowardly hiding behind an alias..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Damn good synthesizers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JuD

Erm!!!!!!
    What the decision then? Since Im from
    Maynooth and all, and does any1 know where these mups live?

JuD

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

JP8000, synthesisers... are they the ones made of polished shiny metal?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Alright look, I know these lads and I think we can stop all this happening now if everyone just relaxs.

To Kevin and Rory (Thats their real names) all I can say is , lads you have to understand this is a quake board and these people are really ****ed off with people coming in, spamming and causing trouble and having it drag on for weeks. When they saw you doing this they just had a zero-tolerence attitude and went for the jugular.

To the quake community I say.. I know your ****ed off with these lads but cut em some slack. They are relitivly new to computers and the internet and just went a little crazy.

Now, we are all reasonable people and there is no reason why this cant stop right here and now.

El

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well, Rasta says he gave him login to Chrome who posted the JP8000 post.

Actually later he said it wasnt chrome and he couldnt tell me who.

Chrome any comment?

This one is going to run and run.
    I'm not laughing.

Tom Murphy.

To stop the petulant children we're planning on banning the Maynooth College domain.

If anyone has tutor details for these morons, please forward to me, confidentiality preserved of course.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Look..peewee....i didn't even see that post 'cos i had no connection at the time...but luckily for me u totally disgusted some members of this board.....and they took action....so u can fu<k off if u think i got all hurt and offended 'cos i didn't....and if u don't care so much...why waste ure time writing what was obviously a pretty vicious post to me? LOSER!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RFK

You're an ignorant moron Cyril. She had every right to get offended because what you posted was the height of vulgar misogynistic bollo<ks. Plus you're 'accent', de and ye, makes you sound really cool on here, I think. I love you Cyril, and I want to have your babies, please come and impregnate me soon.

El Pres, you are dead on the money.
    If we can all just get along (god now I'm quoting Ste!) it will be fine. There are precious few decent boards out there now, I've watched them drop like flies from abusive spammy posts.
    Lets all tone it down (me included) however whats between me and JP8000 is personal.

"if that is the racsist attitude you're going to hold then i'll makesure i'll run you into the ground so you'll never get a website deal with spinsol again."

This came from [DF]Rasta's account.

Rasta (and I believe [DF]Krash) know who posted this and are refusing to tell me.
    All I can say is that this is a sandpit here and as much as you all may think I take it uber-seriously, I dont. Its a laugh and a game most of the time. Somewhere to verbally spar. Spin Solutions is where I work and this has nothing to do with them who, I might remind you financed most of Team.ie's trip to France and dont deserve threats like this.

El pres, just tell your mates to calm and we'll all be friends. Rasta and I however are not going to be friends for a very long time.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RFK

You ignorant turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I started playing Quake online about a year and a half ago. Then gave up because of all the ego-tripping.
    Do you guys realise how much you alienate new players?
    A lot of you go around with a cliched american-football team god-of-the-game attitude, even here, in a MSG Board of all things.

Its one of the main reasons I stuck with TFC/Classic for the last few months. Cliques haven't formed yet, it's still fun to play, without listening to folks being slagged left right and centre for being slow/inexperienced or just not understanding the jargon.

I didnt' read the earlier posts, so Im not just talking about the maynooth folks, but from reading Bunny's posts I think I get the picture. The fact is most of you 'older' players do have a holier than thou attitude that , even when phrased nicely enough, comes across badly.
    What do you exepect somebody to do when you mock them? Say sorry an dback off? This is cyberspace the land of virtual bravery, 'course they're gonna try and yell back.

I'll most likely be flamed by at least one of you ...Who cares..... Just stay outta TFC for as long as you can.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Here now...I really gotta disagree with that one....i'm still relatively new to this...but I've never gotten any hassle from the players that have been here longer than me...they've always given me the help i've needed...and i've made some pretty good friends too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Many many limbs left lying around this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KRS-Two

ChRoMe here. Tom maybe I did maybe I didnt. If I did what do you think you can do about it anyway?

ChRoMe

"Even when its snowing I'm party going"

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

just about the ego trippin thing,

bunny is dead on, many people won`t help newbies and just use um as cannon fodder in games, I`ve seen people come into irc and ask a question and some of the answers are just sad to see, someone comes in and asks for some help and they get stuff like join #warez or someit, and while it is funny when someone who has been around a bit falls for it tis sad to see a newbie have to go through it.

When I started to play I never played on the irish servers, one I had a college connect and 2 whenever we played on the irish servers everyone moaned about ping etc and how they wouldn`t play anyone who they didn`t know and couldan`t already beat. The only ones I ever really played while I was playin regularly was bunny and koopa, and toilet cause he was in college. Most of my mates who I started to play q with only wanted to play when they could win, which was the same on the irish servers too..I played dev a bit when he got his isdn also...

people should just relax and chill, if they post a muppety post ignore it, if they ask a q answer it, once is enough if someone posts the correct answer to a helpful q everyone doesn`t have to give the same thing just cause they wanna post it.

then you have posts like, maybe I did and maybe I didn`t wat ya gonna do about it...like wtf? a oh deadly like..

sometimes I just wonder, when did we stop enjoyin the game? Tis kinda why I stoped playin and kinda why I wasn`t at dublan, theres no fun left in it anymore...

I played some lan in the spin offices and it was fun cause all it was was ppl playin and enjoyin it..fun..

a well back to my essay..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Said it before and I'll say it again, this board has completely
    degenerated into a pile of horse-sh!t.
    Bunny is dead on with everything he's says there, he's SO fukkin
    right. Too many ppl here up on their high fukkin horses, demanding
    not only what ppl post here (which is reasonable), but also how they
    should play their quake, what part of the fukkin country should and
    shouldnt be let even access the boards.
    Then, like Bunny said, all the l33t Quakeheads i.e. "ooh im around
    this place years" are spamming the spammers with big nerdy retorts
    and only encouraging them more. Why do you think Peewee comes back
    for more ? I met the guy once, and he's just like me or anyone else,
    but the reason he comes across the way he does is coz he types a post,
    sits back with a fag and laughs his hole off at everyone getting their
    back up at it : [Insert logs of nerd argument here].

All you "old" quake guys, I don't mean to sound like a grandad here,
    but I remember when most of you were like all these newbies that you
    are now pointing your tinfoil rocketlaunchers at. All you l33t quakers, you know
    so much and you can rule so much when you are sitting on an admin password
    to a server or board or whatever. And what I'm saying proves itself. Quakers like
    Reaper, Krusty, Von, Beast etc etc, why dont they post to this board, seeing as its the
    official Irish Quakers board??? Because its SH!TE, and you ppl who talk sh!te here day in
    day out, are the ppl who make it that way. On a glance down thru the subject matter of these
    posts, most of em should have been closed after post number 1. Not that me or anyone else
    putting forward this argument is "squeaky clean" either, but the whole level of childishness
    and self-importance here is sad. In our day, Ste and Johno were the annoying bastids, but the worst
    they ever did isn't a tap on the sadness here. Reaper is beside me here, and he totally agrees. Ban maynooth if you want to lads, I don't think they give a sh!t.

Zero.

• Advertisement

Fine, **** yis, let this board go to hell, I'm not moderating anything any more.

But one point. I've never ever been anything but helpful to anyone new to the game. Anyone who has seen me alienate a new player speak now.
    There is a difference between a muppet spammer and a new player who doesnt know better.

I'm gald to see you are all standing up for Weepees right to post abusive messages to a female (newbie) player, when he doesnt play himself and Chromes right to threaten (if only I could take it seriously) Spinsol.

Cloud left because of this crap. I'm leaving because of it too.

L8r, you'll see me around but only as a player from now on.

Oh yeah, in case I didnt mention it...
    **** you all.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Hey Ronin, the fun hasn't gone out of quake altogether as Jedi's LAN this weekend demonstrated. Everyone just came, played and had a laugh.

We're not quite all doomed yet.

El

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Some interesting points there from the Z man. Again though I think the mistake thats being made is the constant generalisations.

"All you "old" quake guys"

Woohoo. I'm glad ye can all be barelled into one group name. Ta Zero. Always wondered why we weren't individuals.
    By default because I'm playing quake so long I naturally attack newbies when they post here. If I'm playing CA I use my admin status to play god. But hey I'm just an average player. All those really cool guys that play for team.ie. Now they're the real gits. Eh Zero..... Oh no hang on. According to Z the "FragGods" don't touch this board. They keep away from the little people. Why? Because we have turned the WWWBoard into ****e.
    All those nights in NetHouse, the news about Dublan. The hard work that went into organising these things. The information that we garner from asking questions. All these things were done with some tinfoil and my *****as an antennae. In fact burn the WWWBoard. It never did anybody any good. Waste of space. While you're at it get rid of irc. I'm sure Von, Beast and the rest of the untouchables in Irish Quake don't visit anymore because of the flood of ****e so be done with it.
    I await instructions from Zero to us all on how we must proceed. He will no doubt transmit this information with the biggest ******** antennae available.

M

P.S. Lighten up people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

...that's 'cos you're a gurl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Devore, that wasn't aimed at you personally. Just my experiences with some others (INC Mickah comes to mind) a while ago. I replied beacuse from the mails I've read here it's being perpetuated. Guess it's just human nature....

Ya can't please all the people all the time....

Apologies if it seemed like a peronal attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Musician, who are you? I never heard of you before. Probably some newbie on to annoy me with a different nickname.

Quote : "I await instructions from Zero to us all on how we must proceed. He will no doubt transmit this information with the biggest ******** antennae available." (to be read in FAT-COMIC-SHOP-OWNER mode)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Musician is about as famous as you Z, been around as long as you thats for sure.

You's should just change this board to "byatching".

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to wander back to the roleplay board and sharpen my tinfoil axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

HAVE YOU STILL GOT THAT HOBBES?

i thought damo took it away?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It was left behind in the NetHouse (that's where we were? I forget).

Still got loads of Tinfoil though. Muhaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Aceda

this has nothing to do with the above topic but i need some help! My vweaps has turned its self off somehow! Vorosha sent me towards this board to find help cause he's in dublin so what cha got for me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement