Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screaming in my sleep

• 22-11-2003 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

recently ive been told that i started screaming in my sleep, it used to happen when i was very young too, 7 or 8 and im 18 now
    the thing is i can only remember the nightmare when someone wakes me up during i t and im not sure how much it happens when they dont wake me up
    anybody heard of htis before? any help would be greatly appreiciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I wonder how long this tread will last......:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

then dont sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

how long's it been happening? Happens to me occasionally, but goes away by itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

jeez, sounds kinda freaky......
    ...... mebbe you shud stop watching scary movies at night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Ahhh cobras!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Can't sleep clown will get me.

How about telling us what the nightmare is? Is it the same one over and over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Ahhh cobras!

lol, I was for someone to say it!
    I didnt want to, because iit sounds like a serious problem.

On a side note, Ive often let a few screams, mostly in anger (bad stuff happing during dreams) And hit the wall or surrounding appliances with such force...

But its only happened like 4 times ever, and always when Im not where I normally sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I once woke up with a pair of pink pantyhose on, thats when the real screaming started...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Sounds like panic.

Do you suffer with panic attacks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Heh Ive woke up screaming on the odd occasion,screaming ,shouting, talking etc.. I do all kinds of bizarre things in my sleep.. . One morning I woke up screaming Strange Currencies by R.E.M. I mean at the top of my lungs "THESE WORDS YOU WILL BE MINE !" , with me its mainly heavy drinking that does it.. .

Maybe you got alot on your mind, I wouldnt even consider it a problem ,I find it entertaining, everyones got their quirks!

Tom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    I once woke up with a pair of pink pantyhose on, thats when the real screaming started...
    ROFL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

sounds like stress, if it is its obviously bad to effect your sleep! all depends on wats goin on in your dreams??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭embraer170

I don't know if this topic is serious but anyway.

Sometimes I seem to "jump" in my sleep though I can never remember what I was dreaming about when it happens.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

like wise....

was in a road acident last year and ever so often just wake up screeming ....

lurn to live with it is my advice.... i have

and yes its true..... clowns will in fact eat me if i sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

a good friend of mine, he's my roommate at the minute, talks/shouts/sings in his sleep almost every single night for the last 3 months that i have been sharing a room with him. he occasionally wakes himself up with his chattering but normally never remembers it in the morning.
    best one yet would have to be him shouting orders to a group of RDF privates,he's a corporal himself, take the left flank, what are you doing private soandso. very funny stuff altogether.
    he once said he could fall in love with a chair which will stay with me forever!!!
    normally starts around half an hour after he falls asleep(im usually reading or just going to bed, i sleep a little less)

unusual how it started again after so long however

i suppose what im trying to say really is that its probably nothing serious in your case.
    my friend tends to talk nearly every night in his sleep, i've been told that i've talked occasionally in my sleep, and you tend to talk intermittently.

we all go a little mad sometimes as is said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

I once spat in my sleep, woke up with the pillow stuck to the side of my face. The old man used to play golf and smack the mother on the side of the head with his back swing.......that was his excuse anyway:D

I have a sister in law who does a lot of screaming in her sleep but she has a lot of issues so i think that explains that.
    Ahhhhhh.......any issues / problems you care to share with us that might explain this screaming? do you sleep alone, thats enough reason to scream:p if not maybe your partner is doing unpleasent things to you in the small hours as you slumber.........

(btw I spat in my sleep as i was dreaming sh1te was, literally, coming out of my mouth....anybody care to interpert that dream!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

woke myself laughing one night last week. In the dream me and a few mates were on the side of this really steep grassy hill. the grass was all wet and one of the lads slipped and slid on his belly like a penguin all the way to the bottom.
    guess ye had to be there, in a transcendental kinda way...

Advertisement