Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Mobility 9000 M9

• 23-11-2003 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I need help. I have an Advent 7017 laptop and it has an ATI Mobility 9000/M9 graphics processor.

I am having problems with Halo constantly blue screening and I am pretty sure it is to do with the graphics card. I have been trying to get updated drivers but have been unable to do so. The ATI website advises to contact the laptop manufacturer for updates but I have had no luck here.

Does anyone know anywhere to get new drivers for this graphics processor?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hehehe...

i've had the same prob with Halo myself on the mob9K.

Luckily the 9000 mobility runs EVERYTHING else grand :)

afaik, you cant update the mobility drivers as they are designed for the laptop moniter etc.
    generic ATI drivers wont work.

forget about playing it on your laptop and play max payne 2 instead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

heck i have probs running halo on my p4 3ghz desktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    heck i have probs running halo on my p4 3ghz desktop.

Heck that just makes me feel 50 times better doesnt it.. Its a 3ghz P4 laptop and when it runs Halo, it runs it at a decent framerate.

maybe it's just my old gfx card ti4200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think you are on to a winner there... Especially considering the game is DX9 for a start and then the fact u have a 4200 with a 3ghz processor... ahem bottlenecks

• Advertisement

yeh i know but im waiting til after chrimbo to upgade it to a sapphire fanless 9800pro from komplett

then halo will shine and i will be able to clear it.

i'm 3/4 way through already and just lost interest cos i got H&D 2 but i'm stuck on that too lol

Advertisement