Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chamionship Manager 03/04

• 23-11-2003 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

So whats the verdict on the new Chamionship Manager.Is it worth buying?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Im enjoying it, only thing i noticed (tho a m8 of mine didnt) was that there are an awful lot of sending offs. Thus far ive gotten about 7 guys sent off and its not even christmas!

About 4 of the opposition been sent off.

In the old (cm4) game i got 2 guys sent off in 3 seasons. Afaik im playing the same etc so am i just unlucky or is this some sort of bug?
    Also when the ref is giving out yellow cards you have to wait for the players to march miles before he gets given it. ANNOYING :p

Still worth the money i guess, it aint THAT different tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yes, I've been gettting lots of sendings off, too. (The same player 3 friendlies in a row)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Still worth the money i guess, it aint THAT different tho.

Did you buy it, look at me with that DSL connection of your`s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

lol bazh, i buy games that i enjoy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

i've got loads of sendings offs and loads of injuries but the game still rules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The game is top notch, but i agree about the sendings-off. Way too many of them, but I suppose thats what i get for having Graham Le Saux. I'm amazed at how good Tottenham are... ITS JUST NOT RIGHT !

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    The game is top notch, but i agree about the sendings-off. Way too many of them, but I suppose thats what i get for having Graham Le Saux. I'm amazed at how good Tottenham are... ITS JUST NOT RIGHT !
    I have a game going with Chelsea, and Spurs are second in the table, with only a few games left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Serbian

Hey,

I am playing and quite enjoying CM 03 / 04. There are things that do annoy me a little about the game (most notably the large number of shots that soar over the bar) but overall the real show stopping bugs that were present in CM4 (the stat reduction bug) seem to have been ironed out of this game.

There are a lot of threads over on SIGames.com about the sending off's, the speed of the game and the shots over the bar. These seem to be the things that are most commonly annoying people about this game. I started one game with full database and 3 leagues only to find that the game was completely unplayable (5 real time minutes to advance a couple of in-game hours). In that game when I (finally) got to the season, the opposition got loads of players sent off.

I have since restarted my game and put it down to medium database and the game flies along. No players have been sent off in any game I have been involved in yet either. And I have won 3 out of 4 league games with Middlesbrough too, so all is good :p The shots over the bar bug is not entirely annoying, but it can get frustrating when you are losing. SI are still unconvinced that it is a bug, and are currently reviewing the situation. Incidentally, it is reported that this problem increases when you install the latest patch, but I have never played it without the patch, so I can't confirm.

Other than bugs, I think the game is good. Average ratings have been lowered and can be a little difficult to get used to if you have been playing CM4 for the past year or so. Training has been entirely revamped! Personally I'm finding it a little complicated, and I think I'll need to sit down with the manual to work out a decent attacking training scheme. The transfer market has been loosened up no end which finally makes it possible to buy players for realistic prices. Tactics are essentially the same with a few adjustments and additions.

All in all I think this game is worth it, although I was sceptical at first :)

Serb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Im getting the game for xmas and cant wait! :)

Just a question though, what are the four new leagues? I searched the web but found no site that listed them. And is it true that the USA league is gone?

kev

Yes, the USA league is gone because they couldn't get the license to use the names of the players and teams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Damn!

I would have enjoyed managing the NY/NJ Mets.

But what about the 4 new leagues that aren't in cm4. What re these leagues? and what's replacing the USA league? arent there then 5 new leagues?

These leagues are in CM0304 that I don't remember being in CM4:

Colombia
    Hungary
    Israel
    Slovakia

of course, I could be completely wrong. There are 42 in total in 0304

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Grom

Just a quick question im having a few probs being a total cm4 newb and all.is there a way to view the match in a 3d view or is it always in 2d view.Also is there meant to be no sound when your not playing a game etc etc/

And another thing how do you transfer search for your players ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Sinner_Rez

I'm really enjoying it actually. But I don't have that many sendings off at all. I've done the Roman Abrovich on it though and splashed out a stack of cash on getting new players in. Got rid of loads of players inc. Owen and heskey and gerrard to name a few and bought in Delvecchio and To Madiera and they have been banging them in from all sides. Lying top of the table with 4 games to go and 1 point in the lead. Its been a good season! But your right about spurs, they#re playing a blinder.:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

03/04 is a top notch game . Its miles ahead of the original CM4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Grom

Ja its mint.still getting the hang of it :(

Advertisement