Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help me rev, please

Options
  • 08-11-1999 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

i went to the link you posted but i'm 2 thick to figure out exactly what to type. on the brit servers its usually somthing like 195.74.96.40:27915.would you give me an example of one on the link you posted,preferably 1 that is up.sorry for being a pain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

For example typing - quake-2.ign.ie:27500 is the same as typing - 111.111.111.111:27500
    so just type in the name. DNS will reconcile the name to the IP address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭spartacus

i typed it exactly as you said my friend but it doesn't work, i get an unknown command message,i could be wrong but might it be the "-"after quake.can u enlighten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I'll post the actual IP addresses here when i get home, mkay?

ButcherOfNog
    Hot Internet Virgins
    clans.quake.ie/hiv
    butcherofnog@quake.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

try
    connect "quake2-2.ign.ie:27910" at the console.

159.134.244.136:27910
    159.134.244.137:27910
    159.134.244.138:27910

have fun, most nites there are 4v4 pcikup matches on the war servers, yes, there are, all of a sudden its popular again smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

thats only coz ive all but given up playin on the irish servers coz they dont have weapon stay on

put weap stay on...its cool for a big mosh up smile.gif

thx lads, sorted itout, the ping is high, i dont have cable, just a country boy. nice of you to help unlike the tossers i met last night (see my HIV message)

rofl, we are in hiv smile.gif

as above soz for kicking u but we need the war2 server private for matches. war1 is used for general play but is down atm. will b up again soon, won't it slosh smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Humble pie time for spartacus smile.gif

i'm quite partial to humble pie, in fact over the years its become one of my favourites next to moms apple pie!

• Advertisement
Advertisement