Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario & Luigi

Options
  • 23-11-2003 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

This was out on Friday, anyone pick it up yet? Might get it today as i have seen a couple of really good reviews. Whats your impressions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been playing it for 2 weeks now. Its a brilliant game, and definitely one of the best on the GBA. If you're a Mario fan, there are constant nods to older titles and loads of in-jokes. Its also very funny in general.

I'm not usually a fan of turn based RPGs, but the battles in this game are alot of fun, and require skill and good reflexes. The battles aren't random and most can be avoided if you want. When you aren't battling, you can freely walk around and explore. This game keeps throwing up surprises (little unique minigames and cool puzzles). The sound is great (italian-esque jabbering from Mario and Luigi themselves, and nice remixes of familiar Mario tunes.

Best thing about the game? Its length..... I reckon there are at least 15 hours of gameplay for a good gamer (and thats if you know where to go and how to solve the puzzles/beat the monsters).

Definitely 5/5 from me, and one of the best games on the GBA.

- Dave.

Advertisement