Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Lead Times

• 23-11-2003 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

"BT reported broadband sales of more than 25,000 per week in January 2003"

25,000 per week. I'd be surprised if eircom et al had received that many orders since RADSL was launched. I ordered my DSL the Wednesday night before last from Virgin.net, and received it last Tuesday night. That's four business days. So, with this deluge of orders, how can BT enable lines so quick while eircom plod along with a 4-6 week lead time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Has taken 6 days and 4 days for the 2 dsl lines I've got till they were activated at the exchange, after which I could use them without the filter, though it was to be another week before the engineer came to fit a filter and another week after that before the static ips were finally assigned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by bkehoe
    it was to be another week before the engineer came to fit a filter and another week after that before the static ips were finally assigned.

I can't believe the nerve of ISP's to charge people for sending out a guy to plug in a €7 filter into their phone socket and..leave.
    Can I ask what ISP you're with? I don't know anyone who's gotten theirs in less than 2-3 weeks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Um the engineer install is for a box on the wall type thing. The self install is a splitter cable with the filters built in.

I can tell you Brendan is with Eircom :)

Paul

Originally posted by flamegrill
    Um the engineer install is for a box on the wall type thing. The self install is a splitter cable with the filters built in.

I can tell you Brendan is with Eircom :)

Paul

Oh right. Still, a bit steep!
    Yeah, I thought it'd be eircom. It's in their interests to have the fastest install times!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

It took 4 days for my dsl to be activated. I'm with netsource..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Personally it took about 4 weeks (or 20 working days) to get my DSL up and running. No idea why it took so long, but IOL do specify 15 working days for new connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

4 Working days for my line to go live, i got my user/pass on the evening of the 4th day from Joan in netsource :)

Netsource have been quickest since day one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

took me oever a month to get it but thats cos i went with Esat Business and had to sort out a laod of crap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I ordered IOL BB on the 3rd of Nov.

after ringing IOL for any kind of update on when I'll be getting BB they say Eircom gave a start date of 4th Dec.

*yay*

Mind you it'll be 4th soon so I'm still happy :)

over a month mind you!

Daniel

• Advertisement
Advertisement