Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got Eircom Broadband and am having a problem?

• 23-11-2003 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

I got eircom bb there on friday and sometimes when I am surfing the net everything will just stop like web pages wont load and it wont download anything, it will just stop downloading files.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Well everyone I know with istream (enhanced) on the New-Ross exchange, including my lines, have been experiencing 10min outages, during which the PPPoE connection wont connect, occasionally since yesterday, so maybe you've got a similar problem?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Same problem here in Waterford witha 1mb line...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

Same here in dublin:confused: , There saying dolphins barn exchange is being rebooted every few hours,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Well i suppose we shouldn't be surprised its not exactly news that Eircom are ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Same problem here in Leixlip, internet just goes dead for a few minutes :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 elsoldemayo

I'm with UTV in Leixlip and have seen the same. I did notice however if i leave something downloading slowly (I use Getright and set the speed limit to 2k) in the background its fine. Not ideal, but it works.
    Anyone been in contact with any of the support lines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well i suppose we shouldn't be surprised its not exactly news that Eircom are ****...

creidt where credit is due, Eircom's DSL is fairely decent. (at least Business is and am told that the residential is good too). Everyone has a bad patch and i guess Eircom were due theirs :p

God help me when Esat B have theirs, poor ronin :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Rew

this is the kind of attitude that I'm getting sick of seeing here. Everyone just feels like having a stab at them, just cause they feel like it. I've been with a few providers now at home and found Eircom to be the best by far in all aspects. In work Eircom are extremely reliable for a lot of different client sites (DSL service). Right now, the only thing bad I have to say about them is their restrictive download cap for the residential Dsl package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Been having the problem since Friday last (Clondalkin - Nangor Road Exchange). Was in work when I tried to vpn home but the link was dead (~12:30pm). I thought my router was acting up but it happened again on Sat (~12:30pm, 17:00) and Sun (~22:00). When the link goes down it takes roughly 2-10mins before I get connected again, occasionaly having to restart the router a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I've had no problems whatsoever with i-stream since I had it installed in August. I for one am very happy with the service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement