Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

books: free delivery

Options
  • 23-11-2003 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi folks just wondering is there anywhere on the web that delivers books to ireland for free. All i know is www.amazon.co.uk but there charges are a bit steep for just one book

cheers

data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

I thought you had discovered one that had free deliveries. Now I'm all disapointed :( But I suppose it is one of the hardhips we who live in small countries have to bear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

sorry fence i guess we're both in the same boat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yeah i think because of the weight problem with books there will never be free delivery to ireland....:(

the eternal pessimist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ah well its not too bad i suppose, its ok when you order a good few books as the delivery charge is kinda spread out over all the books or that is how i look at it. or its ok if you getting a good deal on a book to make up for it. Ah well for the time being i think i'll just stick with the shops on dawson street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 plaza90

www.bookdepository.co.uk is my favourite site for books. They're cheap (usually tell you their price and amazons to compare) and have free delivery to Ireland and are delivered quite quick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Black hole sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I used to use Play.com for books (free shipping) but since I found bookdepository I have never looked back, they have good prices, free delivery and delivery to Ireland is much quicker than Play, books usually arrive in about four days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 gob

Sconsey wrote: »
    I used to use Play.com for books (free shipping) but since I found bookdepository I have never looked back, they have good prices, free delivery and delivery to Ireland is much quicker than Play, books usually arrive in about four days.
    Is it possible to have give a separate shipping address (as opposed to billing address) on bookdepository?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Sconsey

gob wrote: »
    Is it possible to have give a separate shipping address (as opposed to billing address) on bookdepository?

I have never tried but the option is there in your account settings....so I will say 'yes'..though you might run into trouble validating your credit card, sometimes these will flag it as a fraudulent trade if your delivery address is not the same as billing address but give it a try it should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭phaze

And I only went and ordered 4 books on Amazon last night! 10 euro for postage.

Will be checking out those suggestions next time. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement