Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a pay as you go phone (budget €200) to replace my 3310.

• 23-11-2003 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

My trusty 3310 is starting to lose charge, and randomly turn off... not desired features as you may well understand. So I'm looking to retire it a.s.a.p., I know you might say wait until after christmas buy I need a phone y'see? I'm not too bothered about keeping my current number as I only really need to tell 5 or 6 people my new number and let the rest find out as needed. Anyway, I don't mind which network, which brand (except Sagem and Motorola) or about keeping my old number.

I would like something light, dependable, colour screen maybe... I'm not too bothered about a camera being in it... I'd never actually use it. Preferably something that can store a lot of text messages in some sort of newest first order or something. Messages on my current phone seem to be limited to about 25 and stored in no apparent order. Oh, and if possible, not a phone that flips out. I'm not a fan of them.

So, any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The nokia 6610 is a nice colour screen phone with no camera. Has polyphonic ringtones, java, FM radio, infra red and wap/gprs too. I'm not sure how much they go for these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

try going to a meteor shop
    They are doing some really good deals on nokia payg

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Nokia 6610 around 199 euro . Just after getting one myself , made the choice of this phone because the buttons are not the usual ones that end up not working half the time as I had that problem on other phones
    Take a look - Nokia 6610

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

if you don't need the radio features and such you could save yourself a bit of cash and get a nokia 3510i (colour screen version) going for €99 from o2 i think.

i've got the non colour screen version the 3510 and i've been quite happy with it, battery life is excellent and stores a load of messages. Saying that before i had that phone i had a very old 5110 :) so anything would be an improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Irishman

Originally posted by iggy
    try going to a meteor shop
    They are doing some really good deals on nokia payg

I think before you go to meteor you should check the signal in your area by asking about, they might be cheap and come with loads of credit but the reception in most of the country is appalling (unless you live in Dublin) thats what i found when i bought my 3410 i had to bring it back and go to Vodafone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

o2 are doing an o2 branded x1, it's actually a maxon I think it's called. 199 PAYG but it lookes like a neat little phone. Have a look at the features it's got pretty much everything, twist camera, java etc. Got good reviews, it's their big seller for Christmas. It's a flip out type though, bit of a girls phone :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Blade
    It's a flip out type though, bit of a girls phone :P

yeah my sister wants it :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Ok you best stay away from them so.

Why not get one of them 3650's and a memory card and use it as an mp3 player or for watching videos. No one would ever accuse you of being a big Mildred then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Does anypne know much about those new siemens camera fones? The ones with the X on the front, they look kinda nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

Truckle , its the MC60 , think its 199 on meteor but a crap phone,

had one a few months back , there are some thoughs about it on this forum , and the general concensus is stay well away,

for the same cash the 6610 might be better but without the camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Why not get one of them 3650's and a memory card and use it as an mp3 player or for watching videos

Thats what Im doing, can get it for 300 new (sim free etc) And getting a 128mb MMC card.

Gonna be savage, Symbian OS and all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by ai ing
    Nokia 6610 around 199 euro . Just after getting one myself , made the choice of this phone because the buttons are not the usual ones that end up not working half the time as I had that problem on other phones
    Take a look - Nokia 6610

simfree 6610 = €300.

camera attachment = €60.

o2 aren't selling them any cheaper either.

Advertisement