Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more organisation.

Options
  • 08-11-1999 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I've been edging around this for a while but I've just been pushed over the edge by threats and bickering.

I used to organise stuff because it was fun. Now it just puts me in the crosshairs and the ratio of sound people who appreciated and enjoyed it to *******s who take advantage of it has crossed the 50-50 mark.

I'm not lifting a finger to organise anything from now on except for private projects I have going. They will be just that, private. Invite only.

I've re subscribed to the boards as DeV so that my admin ops are gone. I'll get around to the IRC and server passwords this week.

I'm going to play my occasional game of CA and have the odd night in nethouse with my mates and the rest of you can go "pleasure yourselves" as best you can.

This isnt goodbye, I'm not going anywhere but I'm removing myself from all positions of power/authority and I'm going to become every bit as selfish as the rest of the *******s here.

This includes the Team.ie manager job. I step away from it entirely, leaving it to anyone else who could be bothered. Its got no debts and a good rep. It should survive without me. We had a good laugh and some weird times together. I'll always remember the trip to Scotland.

No more Dublan, I had tossed this about before and decided to do it again this year. I regretted it. All I got was a whole pile of complaints and begrudgery. A bare handful of people came to the charity auction, people I consider friends. The rest snubbed it, and thats when I knew I should stop.

Please dont contact me for any other reason except to organise something with Clan Giblets. That was the clan that started all this for me and as long as we continue as a clan I'll be their leader. Beyond that... squat.... enjoy the brave new world lads. Its what you make of it.

DeVore.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yoinks!!!!!

Holy Underpants Batman.

M

P.S. I know under the circumstances I should perhaps be a little more serious and a little less irreverent but sure jaysus why bother any more. Fair Fu(ks to ye Dev.

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 08-11-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

No one can blame ya... you have gotten alot of crap over the last 2 years after all you have given.

I hope all you ****ing muppets like chrome, dk and "YinYang" are happy now. And i also noticed regi stop doing Q. Within 2 weeks the muppets will have taken over this board.

Gah !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

It'll be interesting to see if things run themselves as well now, or if there will be some entertaining power struggle to follow.

In any case Dev it's not like you're giving up a pay cheque by stepping back,

best of luck with your new found freedom,

JAK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Time to stop reading these boards. Eamo, Amp & I had a good laff at qp2 so many thanks for that - plus we went to the charity auction and had a good laff there too, even tho the Gauntlet machine was all i was interested in anyway. Crap pint of Guiness in Croker too, surprising considering its a haven for culchies smile.gif

So thanks for all that Dev (& the link to the Starcraft calc, if I ever work out how to use it smile.gif ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Devore is dead, long live DeV!

Enjoy the well earned rest Tom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

/me gives a knowing nodd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

eh. Would this be a good time to tell people to relax and take a game for what it is. A GAME.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Unfortunately without the presence of moderators this board will only deteriorate.

Thanks to Tom and Dan for their work so far.

A thankless job as I know myself.

John.
    --

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited 08-11-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

as long as they don't start migrating to the other boards, I don't really care tongue.gif

So does this mean Quake is finally finished in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

As someone who exists on the fringes of all this, I must say 'Shame!' My hats off to all of you who go to the bother of keeping the machinery going. I've never met any of you, but through this forum I've come to enjoy the richness of dialogue presented by the majority of participants. I would hate to think that the minority who screw it up for the rest of us will prevail...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

alrite tom , i wish u luck in your new found freedom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Peace process.......32 counties........pfffffffffffffff..............knee caps.....ouch;(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah youre right tom
    do youre own thing

dont let the bas7ards grind you down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Spot on sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Good luck its a shame to see you go as your orginisation skillz were l33t.

and bubs stop talking i ****e

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    dk 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

the sad/sick thing is, that some people get kicks of this sort of thing.

Begrudgery, munchausen syndrome, call it what you will. They're still tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JuD

Gluck Devore , take it handy
    Long live DeV

Kaiser^cD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i'm sure everyones sad to see you take a back-seat..
    enjoy it smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

aye, go on Dev, enjoy quake and forget the rest. As for the "So does this mean Quake is finally finished in Ireland?" Uhmmm...no. The fact that people went to DublaN to play quake (and ut, q2 (god knows y?) q3(YES!) and drink(YES, YES!!)) just shows how popular it still is. U dont c that many players now on irish servers and servers in general mainly due to poor pings and lack of wars. But i gurantee there are still happenings like Jedi s lan, the net house and missing a day of lectures in college due to quake (believe me, i know) I hope to have a lan soon too and have a good few players come. As long as these came on happening, quake will continue in Ireland, tho away from the spotlite.
    F.
    And about Dev, ur work has been appreciated by many. Dublan rocked and it will be a shame if something along the lines dont happen again, but sh|t happens, at least at private lans etc.. u dont get to meet the muppets. Whatever happens, u'll be on my invitee list for any lans of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Fair play dev, I hope to see ya on the CA server.

As for quake being dead, I have to say i'm in complete aggrement with Fury on this one. IT WILL NEVER DIE. Jedi's LAN was a prime example of this. Even though we did play a fair bit of q3 (which was cool and all) q1 was most certainly the best part of the weekend. INTERNET quake may be in a sorry state and will probably never recover but quake shall live on throgh LANs.

El

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

DeV.....you're choice and I hope it brings you teh best of times yet smile.gif

cuss, i shoudl read this board more often..
    everyone's leaving or stopping or something:/

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

G'luck Dev m8 la...

BEar HUGZ wink.gif

|Chief| La

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Tom,

I don't know how you got thru QP last year let alone DubLan this year. I would have murdered all around me in an hour. Fair play to you now enjoy yourself and let the muppets ***** and moan all they like.

Hmm that auction opened me eyes. Slosh's expensive smoking habits and Trojans suicidial bidding smile.gif

As EWJ said
    "Devore is dead, long live DeV!"

See you in Nethouse soon.

Gandalf.

www.gibworld.com/gandalf gandalf@gibworld.com

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Suicidal?? Did u get a piccy of Jadens face then ??? Its etched in my memory forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Howya guys!

It wasn't suicidal, it was all in the festive spirit of the occasion. Let's not mention this again.

And Rob definitely did not suggest doing a runner for the door (as we were too far into the middle of the room, too many tables blocking the way). I'm sure it was a Kodak moment alright smile.gif

Thanks be to **** those muppets outbid us. smile.gif

Al.

PS Regi givus a shout sometime.

Advertisement