Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Galaxies

Options
  • 23-11-2003 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hello all,

Im thinking of buying Star wars Galaxies but im reluctent to use a credit card to pay the monthly subscription of 15 euro. I read on the packaging and also on the webpage that u can buy game cards in games shops. its rather like buying credit for your phone. U can buy one a month and u get a code or something that u enter in.

My question is does anybody know where i could buy these game cards or if there even available here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

thats a...lovely...pointless attatchment. Really.

But aside from that, I dont think they're availible over here. I dont see why people are so reluctant to use creditcards though o_O

hm..my copy should be arriving sometime next week. How many boardser's are playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I know! I couldn't understand why my dad was reluctant to let me use his credit card. I've been wanting to try an MMORPG for ages. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

BLITZ your one brave johnny if you actually wana try a MMORPG, Big cojones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Well if you hop skip and jump down to your local pc world, they have copies of galaxies for the pricely sum of 48.99 euros

Shin

you need a CC to verify it though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

If you can't use your credit card with Galaxies you can buy game time:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000DK38P/ref=ase_sitescraper0d-20/103-6765586-7443051?v=glance&s=videogames
    Just send out a cheque or cash to Amazon and you can play without needing to use your credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

The sooner that they bring in the pre paid gaming cards the better, I admit if i did have a credit card id be a teensy weensy bit concerned about giving my details out over the net

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Those game time cards have never been available outside of America as far as I know so your only choice is to import them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Falgorn

Anyone see the sabre battle movie up on fileplanet? Looks pretty nice, though kinda repetetive..

I really love the Idea of Galaxies, it looks class and its meant to be getting better all the time, but im reluctant to get into a 'paying' mmorpg until all the options are available.. Imagine getting into Galaxies and spending some cash and a lot of time just to find out that Lord of the Rings online, Matrix online or World of Warcraft are far better!

These are all coming out relatively soon so is it worth waiting?

Also is there any hint of a free trial for Galaxies coming out, along the lines of the Planetside 7 day?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I started playing it the Sunday after it came out over here and despite not having enough time to spend 14 hours a day at it like I'd like to it's still really enjoyable to play. Nice music backdrops from the films whenever you do things and clever coding to detect what you type to other players and set your facial expressions and body movements accordingly (eg. something sad and your guys shoulders will flump and a grim face appear or something happy and enthusiastic and he'll jump in air and clap his hands with big gleaming happy face. really really nice touch).

Mountable animals just came in last week too which is really cool and over the next month we should see one man speeders and speeder-bikes.

I've heard a good few people (mainly those who've played Neocron) complain about the combat system that it's not "proper" PvP because it's the normal stat based system that most MMORPGs use. I don't really care. I rarely battle and when I do it's only against creatures.

Zyox approves :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Mountable animals just came in last week too...

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Originally posted by Tellox
    How many boardser's are playing?
    My main character made Master Bounty Hunter on Saturday. Waiting for the padawans to show their faces, then it's hunting season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I for one won't be buying this game. I know with my complete lack of self control I will play this game non-stop and my life will be sucked down the toilet. Enjoy the game though. I'm sure it'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Don't know how many of you would be interested, but if you want to join a guild go to the Farstar european server to tatooine and "/tell icey hello". I'm getting a guild together, which atm stands at a head count of around 20. We've not registered yet for 2 reasons. 1. Picking a name for the guild 2. Finding a master architect to build the guild deed.

We have, however, a city. We're training mounts for each member of the guild (may take about 2 weeks total cause we can only carry 4 mounts at a time and it takes a week to grow them). We're mostly of rebel faction but not all have signed up for a faction. We do our own thing, but regularly go out on group missions looking for holocrons or just getting experience.

We offer a group share system of everybody helps everybody else out. If you need trained go to the person with the relevant training. If you need cash ask and we'll see what we can get for you. If you need any resources or such again call. But we only offer this to guild members.

Iceman would actaully be interested in that. Training up my character as a scout/engineer combo on that galaxy. Will give you a poke sometime during week about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

Thank you all for your help, im going to head to amazon now and check out that link,
    Keep any sugestions coming!

Sorry to be horribly rude and but in but what the hell is going on with the randomly attacted, completely off-subject, all seen before on some random "funny" photo website gallery, images.

I'm just curious really. A little worried, but mainly curious. :confused:

My game should be arriving tuesday or wednesday... I'll be joining the Chimeara(sp) server, along with 2 friends of mine.

I also have a self control problem. I'd still be playing the legend of mir if it wasnt for my account being stolen. And that game was the cause of many many high phone bills.

And now that I have DSL, and an MMOG like SWG...
    This isnt going to be the most healthy period of my life :(

Advertisement