Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs-v-Villa (Scores)

• 23-11-2003 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

A good game,brilliant goals in the second half.

A excellant header from Marcus Alback put Villa into the lead.Timed his jump rose above the defenders to place the header over Keller to the left of the goal.

Rohan Rickett's then got the equaliser.A low shot from 16 yards found its way by Sorrenson who must of found it hard to follow the ball with the crowd of players infront of him.

Robbie Keane then got the winn.he got into space on the edge of the box picked up the ball,had time to turn then danced by Johnson to hit a low shot into the bottom left hand corner.

Final Score:Spurs 2-v-1 Villa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

i only saw the analisis of the match and they were praising robbie keane alot did he play that well (i know he got man of the match)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he had a good game and the goal was really well taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Robbie Keane really needs to be at a bigger club. I've seen two Spurs matches this season and he is the only player the pundits talk about. He is also the most skillful (in terms of flair, tricks, etc.) player I've ever seen playing for Ireland, Damien Duff included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Originally posted by kmart6

It was a shocking first half and only improved after Villa scored, great goal by Keane and a nice goal by Ricketts too. Carr almost scored an og.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

We were robbed i cannot believe we let it slip in the last 15 mins. after allbacks great header we were dominating the game until spurs got one back.and then another:eek:. However credit is due to Rohan ricketts and Robbie keane for such spectacular goals. We just cant perform consistently over a full 90 mins we tend to drop off around the 70th minute of each match i noticed this particularily at the dublin tournament where we gave away a two goal lead in the last 5 minutes. DOLs trying his very best its up to the players to pull their socks up and show a bit of pride in the team and their own individual abilities. Our squad may not be as good as arsenal man u or chelsea but it has the potential to be at least 10 places higher in the league.
    player ratings:

Sorensen 6 Delaney 8 Mellberg 7 Johnsen 6 Samuel 7 Hendrie 5 Hitzlesperger 7 Whittingham 7 Barry 7 Vassel 6 Allback 6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

The first half was the worst 45 mins of soccer i've seen for a long time. Both sides seemed woefully short of ideas upfront (at least Spurs tried to play the ball on the ground -Villa were more into hoof the ball up and hope somebody would get a head on it). It did come to life in the last 25 mins or so but I agree with eireboy - a move for Keane to a bigger club is a must for Ireland as he has the talent to perform on the bigger stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Being a Spurs fan I disagree about Keane needing to move to a bigger club. He scores some great goals, but that's only his 2nd league goal this season (and I know he was out injured for a few games). I watch whatever Spurs games I can, but if I miss one I read loads of match reports and lately (apart from Sunday) he just hasn't been good.

His consistency is the problem and in the end the reason he won't (for a couple of years anyway) play for a club like Man U or Chelsea. Up and including the Arsenal game he'd been very poor, with many people wondering what was going on. I think the two goals he scored on Tuesday helped a lot. He's very much a confidence player and we'll see if he can go from here.

Si.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    Our squad may not be as good as arsenal man u or chelsea but it has the potential to be at least 10 places higher in the league.

no it doesnt, we have a poor poor paperthin squad. things will only get worse

our target for this season has to be survival, but i wouldnt be too optimistic about that the way we're playing at the moment

the only thing is that we have a sound infrastructure, and if we go down we wont be in any danger of major financial troubles, plus itll probably result in doug leaving, which could mean relegation is what we need right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Originally posted by smuckers
    Originally posted by kmart6

It was a shocking first half and only improved after Villa scored, great goal by Keane and a nice goal by Ricketts too. Carr almost scored an og.

All i said that it was a good game I never said that it was spectacular so stop interpretating what I sais.

I said they were brilliant goals so what are you commenting on

Advertisement