Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GalwayLAN8 - Date Check

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

After I book the venue on Monday I'll know for sure, but there's a good chance we'll have a proper mounted data projectror for the console(s).
    Soul Calibur2 is a definite for gaming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Drake: Are you serious? I've never been to a galwaylan so I don't know if there's ever console gaming there. If you are, will you bring the ps2? I could bring my xbox, but I don't have pro-evo 3, and it probably wouldn't fit in the car anyways ;)

Yeah, the XBox is pretty bulky, dunno how anyone could fit them in a truck, let alone a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

i say i have a progector if u need it SyxPak....bring back the classics N64:P

Robbo suggests an atari 2600 :), seriously though, I think the xbox would be best, but I don't have the game, Drake:do you have pro-evo 3 on your ps2? or anyone else for that matter? if not, I'll try and have it on my pc as a last resort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

there was a ps2 at the last one..

i think..

that or an xbox. either way, there was soul caliber 2

Originally posted by quetzal
    Drake:do you have pro-evo 3 on your ps2? or anyone else for that matter
    Yes, i've got it

will you bring it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Soul Caliber 2 Compo tbh.

Dem has it on the Gamecube with all weapons/costumes unlocked.

yes i'll bring it.

what good it'll do you,i've no idea

• Advertisement

Drake:whats that supposed to mean? :). will there be insurance on the comps overnight?as in, is there usually?

Insurance?
    Why do you think we can get away with only asking for €30 for 3 days?
    because there is no insurance, not for your machines, not for you, not for anything.
    The venue is locked from 11pm till 9am and there is the usual campus security patrolling around.
    If you're worried about leaving your machine ove night eithe a) do't bother coming or b) bring your rig home with you every night and back in again evry day.
    I'm currently in discussion with some contacts about a possible legal disclaimer or something in the event of an accident and I'd appreciate if you'd stop asking bloody awkward questions when you know the answers haven't solidified yet.
    The under-18s issue is definitely not clear-cut, and is a really delicate situation, and when you go off trying to be "helpful" and find out stuff which I already know all you're really doing is raising unneccesary attention to something I'd rather keep quiet till the appointed time.
    You have never been to a large BYOPC LAN, let alone a GalwayLAN event so in these simple words:
    Back The Fuck Off and let me get on with the organisation.
    You do not know everything, I don't care if you're trying to be helpful, I have been involved in this stuff for almost 3 years and I'm a grumpy bollocks when I'm tired.
    You've been warned several times already and if you keep on wrecking my head I will simply ban you from the LAN for causing grievous mental harm to others.

Thanks, but no-thanks David.

sorry, didn't mean any harm

Right, I've been talking to someone in charge of venues in NUIG, she has to run it by someone first, but I'd say we'll be sound.
    Will know hopefully sometime during the coming days.
    I'll start a new thread when I've got it confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭vega_AH64

could be some problems. i think the lan is on in the middle of gmit exams. i will have to ask if they can change the date of the exams or i will miss em.

You want to get the college to change your exams so you can go to a GalwayLAN?

Lads, that is ferverant dedication right there (or madness, but I like the sound of the former more).

I'm still waiting for venue 100% confirmation, but the date is pretty much set I'm afraid.

If you think you've got a chance, go for it :) Hope to see you there

methinks there should be a BIG fuhquake tourni, with rounds on Dm6 and railing on E1M8, also, there should be a small, no prizes rocket arena tourni (qw or q3), what do ye think?:confused:

There will of course be much QW and Q3 played.
    Prizes.....in the usual style

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I wonder what the range is on the GCon 2. I think i'll bring TimeCrisis 3 and see how it plays on a projector :D

Originally posted by [-=RaVeN=-]
    I wonder what the range is on the GCon 2. I think i'll bring TimeCrisis 3 and see how it plays on a projector :D
    YOU HAVE TIMECRISIS 3?!?!?!?//

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

THEY MADE A SECOND AND A THIRD ONE OF IT?????

oh the spam!

Originally posted by quetzal
    oh the spam!

how very ironic

The G-Con's "range" is dependent on how accurate the gyro-sensors are on it.
    They're designed for use fo about 3-4m from the screen.
    You're going to be a hell of a lot further away, unless ye bring a telly :)

I'll see about getting a second prjector so setup in another room.
    The person I'm in contact with in the college hasn't gotten back to me yet.
    I'll ring her on monday or something before my last exam.

Everyone needs to download this, print it out and sign it.
    Under 18s need to have it co-signed by a parent / legal guardian.
    No entry without it.

Thanks to Biohazard for the original Darkside one.

Souls are non refundable

*Quetzal puts up his calender "only 39 days to go!"

first lan=YAY

Venue still not decided.
    The arts officer said that the drama soc thespian hippy crowd will probably want the BOI Theatre (it's a big room, no stage) for rehearsals.
    I've asked Damien to have a chat with one of them to clear the way, but there's a chance we might be in the Aula Maxima, which isn't really a problem, but I wanted the theatre.

I'll have a venue booked by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

John get me my gun its time they learned theatre's are for lannin not polly pissy pants prancin!

indeed, why do THEY get priority? Can't they just go practise in a little wittle corner? I mean which is more important, theatre, or lannage? (retorical question :>)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

ok so the venue aint set but what about the date is it definately, without a doubt , for sure and certain going to be on the weekend 23-25 of january?

so i can make sure i have whole weekend of work :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement