Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GalwayLAN8 - Date Check

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Phreak thats perfect :D

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by DRakE
    Phreak thats perfect :D

Cheers

np.

it works well... we use it here in dcu to get our 1.6 fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Cool Tyax, thanks man.

Sorry to ehar that Ken.
    There'll be another one hopefully in the last week of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Cs 1.6 it is then with the hacked version? alrighty nice one. will be my first time playing 1.6 too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Thats assuming that I open my post that comes from dundalk, one can never be 2 careful in what one recieves from dundalk. I personally cant wait to play 1.6 on a lan. SyxPak, I'll pay you on wed hopefully unless there is a way to pay online thru aib.ie ???

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Phreak
    dunno if this is any use to you or not Alan but here's a link to a hacked version of 1.6.

it doesn't have steam so you can play it on lan.

well is this not the same as the one the dundalk peeps use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Caliden
    well is this not the same as the one the dundalk peeps use?

i dont know... i don't know what they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

its been awell that I went to a lan and i might be coming.

I didn't read any posts on this tread but what is the set date..?

Date is Friday 23rd - Sunday 25th January, 2 weeks from now.

All the details are posted on Room101.org

There'll be plenty of Quake :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Will hopefully be there, but knowing myself I'll forget all about the ****ing thing...
    If someone would be so good as to remind me I'll most likely be able to attend and will actually be able to PAY my belated fee's if I do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

right, il be making me way up from waterford on saturday morning (were all working till late friday) bright'n'early. PPC, sheep and cabaal are coming too
    should hit galway around 11am

Sound
    Andrew, I've signed you up on Room101

Trev, we'll see ye when we see ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Originally posted by strat
    right, il be making me way up from waterford on saturday morning (were all working till late friday) bright'n'early. PPC, sheep and cabaal are coming too
    should hit galway around 11am

/Me shaves self in certain area in anticipation of teabagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Date is Friday 23rd - Sunday 25th January, 2 weeks from now.

All the details are posted on Room101.org

There'll be plenty of Quake :)

Jesus I've be total off the old quake and all pc games for years! :D

How much is it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by #MEAT#
    How much is it?

€30 if you pay now
    €35 if you pay on the day of the LAN

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by Asok
    /Me shaves self in certain area in anticipation of teabagging.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o :dunno:

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Cheers John!
    Asuming I'm not pulled out to go to Westmeath to visit my mother (Which has been planned soon) or something similar, I'll definately be there.
    If not I'll let you know ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

aww :( I was hoping #meat# could be my new qw rival, guess Cyan will have to do :P

quetzel u going to be there on friday? if so il play ya in QW if u want but may i say this right here and now , im crap at it

I'll be there on Friday.....wont be arrivin till around 5 tho, :( I've only been playin for a month and a half, I'm told that I'm learing fast tho, besides, I'll play anyone tbh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Me and Vincent are playing QW.
    We'll be more than happy to play for money, or any valuables.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

wohoo, here eye come galway :)

have been informed of a cancelation on the waterford crowd's list so i will be heading on up with them so will see peeps there sometime saturday morning/afternoon (depending on strat's driving :p )

Cool :)

Bring a sleeping bag.
    You'll need it.
    And ID.

just got cs 1.6 no steam off a russian site ( gotta luv those russians) but it has no sound , i.e. radio commands, ct/t win , bomb planted/defused sounds.
    so hopefully the one sniipe is getting ( if he opens his mail for fear of mail bombs) will have sound etc.
    have to say its ALOT better than 1.5 even without sound and will be a joy to play at the LAN!!
    w00t only 8 days left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

In light of that development I think it is wise we cancel all CS related activities to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well the one Snipe is getting is the offical offline netcafe one so it should work perfectly if it works at all.

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    In light of that development I think it is wise we cancel all CS related activities to be on the safe side.

im guessing you don't like CS that much?? :p

lol Ronan|Raven. I don't think you have a hope of cancelling all cs games for the lan tbh, nice try though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

grr, cancel CS???
    There will be not point in me coming if that happens. I'm totally biased towards it when it comes to choosing a game to play.

Tyax, has promised he has posted the 1.6 to me today. He says it has sound, etc, he's a pro....fectionist when it comes to CS :) I hope I get it by monday, then down to Clan and see if they will install it so I can be ahead of the possy in terms of experience (like that will ever help me)

I love the idea of leeching kept till night. Exellent idea. Are the queue programs any good, ie if one download fails will it try for the next, etc?? Roll on Friday... anyone from the castlegar, headford road area need a hand with lugging in there PC? I'll be heading in friday around 7:30 if thats any good to anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Why cant yous just play cs 1.5.I havent pld 1.6 but from what ive read its sounds like a crock of ****. A riot shield? give me a break and needing to have a net connect to play it on a LAN without using a hacked version? sounds like more trouble than its worth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement