Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GalwayLAN8 - Date Check

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

But then again Vincent, I'm your best bud, and I have the hacked version haha. No but seriously, the hacked version is very buggy to say the least. Sky Boxes missing and such, and the console works 50% of the time.

Anyway, is there a floor to stay on or something.
    30 euro for a B&B, jaysus. I'll give someone a fiver if they give me a nice floor somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

from what ive heard the version used by the dundalk peeps doesnt have the obvious bugs the other hacked versions out there do, i.e. no flashlight/sound, jerky animations with knife, so hopefully it will go accordingly to plan.
    plus the riot shield kicks ass and the introduction of cheaper rifles for the ct's is a good thing i.e. the famas.
    i will have some reskins of some of the weapons should any1 else find the famas and/or Deagle ugly as hell.
    Giblet im sure you will find something. :D Glad to see such interest in this Lan too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Giblet
    But then again Vincent, I'm your best bud, and I have the hacked version haha. No but seriously, the hacked version is very buggy to say the least. Sky Boxes missing and such, and the console works 50% of the time.

Anyway, is there a floor to stay on or something.
    30 euro for a B&B, jaysus. I'll give someone a fiver if they give me a nice floor somewhere!

My living room is currently holding:
    Ronan|Raven
    The_Bullman
    Dr_Babyeater
    Strat
    Eye
    Kubaal
    PPC
    So I think we're pretty packed out, but you're welcome to stay over if you can find a patch for yourself, just bring sleeping bags.
    Anyone able to put Giblet and Vinny up for the Friday night?

Come to think of it, the waterford boys won't actually be coming up till early saturday morning, so ye're pretty much sorted for Friday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Caliden

plus the riot shield kicks
    /me sets mode +b [RIOT]Shield (Sorry, no shields in competition) <556>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I think the riot shields are banned in the international scene, ie "CXG" and "CPL".

I will not play any buggy version, myself and bro will go thru a few maps.

I'd be interested in playing NFS underground if its well playable on lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The LAN patch of NFS works ok for me.

I'll bring my wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I'll bring my wheel if I can find me an old pci soundcard before the lan....which is in 6 days........ :/

I might have a PCI SB128 lying around here somewhere, shoudl do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

If he doesnt I have an old PCI sound card (bog standard) I robbed out of a machine that was going to a skip.... Let me know before tomorrow and I will send it up with Asok as I may not be at the lan on time.

sound, yeah, any pci soundcard'll do, I just need it for the gameport, my internal one is grand for sound

I got the offline version in the post there yesterday complements of Tyax and Pack3t3rror. I've been playing it off a dedicated server with my brother with bots and it rocks!!!

Not really a HUGE difference in play tbh (IMO of course)

The new guns are ok, but I'll stick to the norm AK and m4a1.

Steam doesn't look half bad when it doesn't require a net connection :)

Now I've been told there is a new offline version out (version 6) with amazing bots and the lads have promised they have posted me off another CD. Hopefully I'll have it friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah 1.6 is good alright, the new netcode really makes a difference.

some of the weapon skins tho look gammy. i.e. the famas. my god!! it looks like its made of lego

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Sniipe
    Steam doesn't look half bad when it doesn't require a net connection :)

thats because steam isn't included in the offline version. It was hacked to remove steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Unfortunately I ca't attend as the powers that be have decreed me to be working (it looks something like this*).

Damn me for getting myself a job. I could always find time for the GL series when I was frivilously dossing about with no work and procrastinating the attainment of such. The money is nice tho - I think - well it will be when they get around to paying me.

* with the minor alteration that if the photo were of me I'd look like myself ;-)

Originally posted by Phreak
    thats because steam isn't included in the offline version. It was hacked to remove steam.

I think that was his point :)

Originally posted by SyxPak
    I think that was his point :)

:D I'm terrible at making points

lan in 20 hours!!!!!

/me resists the urge to whoop

I'll be gettin some 15 foot cat 5 tommorrow, stuff I've got now is like 2 metres :|

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pretzel

Originally posted by quetzal
    lan in 20 hours!!!!!

/me resists the urge to whoop

I'll be gettin some 15 foot cat 5 tommorrow, stuff I've got now is like 2 metres :|

omfg me too like omg we can meet and like play qw hoho i beeet j00 cyan!!1!2
    Tbh i'll rool j00 all especially drake at cs omg !!!QW1!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

its GOTTA be Asok.

ten hrs to go for me :)

AHA, it IS Asok, oh I'll show ya! I'll be there at aboot 4.30 hopefully, I want the cs trophy! :P

any1 there now? il probably be there around 5/6 so quetzel u can finally get the game of QW u always wanted

Originally posted by quetzal
    I want the cs trophy! :P
    The CS trophy? LOL if it is urs it will only be because ur TEAM won it...

ya thats gonne be the catch.
    who's gonna get the trophy when their TEAM wins it? unless its a kinder bueno when every1 gets a piece of that light, crunchy choclate bar that tantilises your tastebuds with flavours so mouthwathering.....

OMG THE BUENO IS MINE!!!!! EVERY1 BACK OFF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

God knows but having the blood and sweat poor Asok put into it! It is indeed a fine trophy a trphy fitting of such a competition. I might se eye all tonight god knows atm the life of the working man is a life of complication and toil!

Tbh, ye can share it amongst yourselves, Tommy will get it monday nights from 6 to 10, Jerry Can have it every second Thursday, Aziz will have to make do with Sunday mornings and Gerald can have Fridays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Hows the Lannage going.

Roll on 1 hours time and I can get the flock out of work and home to bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement