Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro evolution soccer 3 PC.

• 23-11-2003 9:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else pick PES 3 up over the weekend?
    My god its just what i have dreamed for,plays exactly like PS2 version but with high resloution visuals,the difference one the eye is staggering.
    Im getting 100-120 fps solid @ 1200x1024 and it looks stunning,but most of all im glad the amazing ball physics have not changed from PS2 one[i played PES3 on my bros machine].
    I adore my PES2 on PS2 but waited for PES3 to be released for PC instead of PS2.
    My god the wait was worth it its simply sublime but very annoyed theres no online play :(.
    While im at it does anyone know of some good PES sites/fansites please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Better than FIFA 2004?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Well having played neither on the PC, I'd assume it's safe to say that yes it is better than FIFA 04.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Way better than FIFA 2004, even better coz u can update the transfers and put in proper kits like I have done. It makes it so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

i'm thinking of getting this, but i'm not sure yet. Are you still limited in the way you can create players and register them on teams? Or are you totally free to do whatever you want with any player and any team? Can you even create your own team? I'm fearing that if it's such a close port of the PS2 one, that they won't open up the editing features that a hard disk allows :(

Also, is it DVD-ROM only? i don't have a DVD drive! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I heard that the controls for the PC version were very difficult to get used to - is this the case?

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

fifa2004 is utter dog shat, ne way. Most gamers on the PC have a ps2>usb adapter for added leetytness. So it wud be the exact same controls as the ps2 version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

waiting for it to come from play.com £18(30 euro). I got an controller adapter just to play it.Its also got some rave reviews.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its light years ahead of Fifa 2004 and the controls are exactly the same as PES3 on PS2.
    I use my gravis Eliminator shock pad and its great but will probably go for the PS2 pad adaptor as i have 4 of them.

Has anyone got a link for a usb adaptor for my PS2 pad for PC please?
    I checked play.com but cant seem to find them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

www.consoleplus.co.uk have a nice selection of them, i bought 2 from there, boom N64/PS2 ones
    lovley GG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Editing of the PC version is already well underway.
    Almost all the kits can be updated to the latest and greatest (incuding sponsors and proper crests on kits).

Patches to update rosters etc... are also in the pipeline and expexted by weekend.

The PES3 editing community is up and running big time !

Get this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Originally posted by brianon
    The PES3 editing community is up and running big time !

where? :P

try...
    http://www.centre-spot.net/prs/ http://www.proevolutionline.com/

Also try the editing forums at...
    http://www.soccergaming.tv

plenty more around as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Dcully the converter is located under the pc section at the play.com site

http://www.playserver5.com/play247.asp?pa=stts2&page=title&r=PC&title=114167

I'm interested in getting it too for the game as its near impossible to play on a keyboard:rolleyes: as I'm buying a DVD from there as well anyways.

But can anyone tell me if the converter says its for PS2 joypads will it work for the PS1's as well seeing you could use a PS1 joypad in a PS2 console ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

yes ps1 and ps2 controlers are exactly the same so it works

you could always just by a Logitech Dual action for 25 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

got the game today its so Great :).

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenny

I've played this on the PS2 loads. Best football game i've ever played. (Apart from CM and ISS64)

It would be nearly worth buying a PS2 for if you didn't have a PC, so I was over the moon when it came out. But....

What is the realistic minimum spec for this. I've got a Celeron 2Ghz, 512 Mb , Geforce MX460 64Mb and PES3 runs slowly even on low settings.

Just wondering what y'all were running it on in case i need to ask Santa for a new Graphics card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I was just about to post a thread about what people thought of the game before I buy it.

I like most have played FIFA over the years and have come to the conclusion that ISS and Pro Evolutiona re way better from a "playing" point of view.

I've played the previous Pro Evo on the PS2 and loved it so was waiting for it to come out on the PC .

Where's the cheapest place to get it ? €30 seems about as cheap as possible ??

ya its a new release so €30 is excelent value i would be very suprised if you could find it for cheaper than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by kenny

What is the realistic minimum spec for this. I've got a Celeron 2Ghz, 512 Mb , Geforce MX460 64Mb and PES3 runs slowly even on low settings.

i was going to buy it for the pc till i read this comment..

I have a -

Gigabyte 7VAXP-Ultra Motherboard
    XP2100+
    768 Meg pc 2100 ddr ram
    Geforce 2 Ultra 64 meg

thought that would be good enough to run it, no?

(by the way kenny, the MX card is usually inferior to the better cards (or usually a cheaper alternative to people/students on a budget), and ive never been a fan of celerons in the slightest!)

my brother runs it on a 1.33 ghz athlon with a gf2 gts 32mb low graphics setting and there isnt realy any slow down its perfectly playable

Originally posted by tuxx
    my brother runs it on a 1.33 ghz athlon with a gf2 gts 32mb low graphics setting and there isnt realy any slow down its perfectly playable

good to hear! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Good God this game is bloody fantastic...:D

I have it for the ps2...do you think it'd be stupid if i bought it for pc considering i have the ps2 adaptor for my pc anyway?

yeh the game is fantastic to say the least yeh, pity my brother moves back to scotland in a few weeks and takes his ps2 with him :(

why im seeing about getting it for the pc, as to save me the cash of buying a ps2 just for that (which i must admit i would have done!)

Get updated kits,flags and latest player transfers in Wolf s patch.
    It is superb.

Link is in link below,it is a PES fansite forums.

http://www.pesfan.com/bulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=102

BTW guys my brother has the PS2 version which ive played to death on my 32 " 100 hz tv,but the PC version is so much better its criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

oh ye i forgot about that...if i get PES 3 for the pc, then id have to play it on a 17" flat screen as opposed to a 32 " widescreen...doh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Just looking at peoples specs for running PES3. I have a
    Athlon Duron 1.3
    512 sdram
    128mb Radeon 9000
    16x DVD
    and surround sound

Will this do?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenny

If anyone, like meself is suffering really bad slowdown then check the forums of the fan sites mentioned earlier in this thread.

Seems the problem isn't only a hardware problem and can sometimes be fixed by either patches or buggering about with shortcuts and 'Win98 compatability'. Theres a mention of a lad with a 9800pro who's getting slowdown and mention of a lad with a wosre pc than mine with no prbs at all.

There is also a superpatch on one of the sites which is 55mb but looks to have changed all players and strips etc to the real ones. FIFA 2004 my arse.

Hope the bloody thing works...........................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

I've it runnin smoooth on my machine which is well in need of a good replacing by now.

WinXP Pro
    1 gig Athlon
    384 meg sdram
    Radeon 9100 (128mb)

Pretty crap machine by todays standards but with graphics set to low pes3 runs perfect. If you're into footie games then you owe it to yourself to buy this right away, t'is a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Got my copy of pes3 an low an behold the dam thing run's like crap even set to the lowest res an graphic quality ah why why why?

I have an average little machine that can handle every game (even battle field and an alpha version of doom3) but oh no pes3 would be different.

Q Does it use pure processor power (i have a 1.3ghz duron) and it runs like it's bein played on a 386. Tried it on my house mates machine (1.733 athlon xp) an it runs fine even at full graphics and 1248x900 resolution.?

\Help/

If it is all cpu power im goin to have flash my bios (dodgy) an buy an xp chip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Did you download the official Konami patch? That's to fix any slowdown users suffer. Try it out and let me know.

BTW - Konami have stated that the GeForce4 MX line is NOT SUPPORTED by PES3.

Many peeps problems have been with these cards and they are below min-specs.

Advertisement