Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

board admins, whats the story?

Options
  • 11-11-1999 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

well since the vast majority of them seem to have relinqished their positions, are we just going to let people post childish insults and irrelevancies (nothing wrong with those, in moderation, of course smile.gif.

I for one think these boards are the knees of the bee, and it would be a shame to just abandon them. They are, after all, an integral part, keystone if you will, of the "little back alley of the net" that we have here, why encourage those that want to bring it down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Q

Dont you worry....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Well, my reasons were because we'd been trying to keep clean the boards, and not had any support what so ever. In fact, most of what was said was VERY much against what we trying to do. This seemed to be very much a no-confidence issue.

Even the players whom I had respect for seemed dead against what we were doing (I still don't know quite why). Thus, why bother making this effort when it seemed clear that most people didn't want the moderating influence. Decision made.

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

Exactly how I felt.
    We were big bad people stopping the free flow of expression. Well... let the expression flow.

DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Peewee. You're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hmm. I'm not going to pretend that everything was rosy and happy... There were (and still are) some aspects to the censorship of these boards that galled me, particularly the "naughty words censor", which I realise wasn't your doing, but was extraordinarily annoying - and served no purpose either.

When you lot started moderating the boards (especially you Dan, the one-man BBFC tongue.gif ) I did feel that some of the moderation decisions were a little draconian, but to be honest, I haven't disagreed with a single decision in recent months. There are a lot of idiots here, and while freedom of expression is cool and all, sometimes there should be limits to freedom - to coin a phrase smile.gif And there needs to be someone there to impose those limits - and that's you guys.

Ja,
    Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement