Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Phone advice.

• 23-11-2003 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Righty-ho

i am in the market for a new phone atm and i have a budget of anything up to 200€ on bill although less would be nice ;)

I dont mind which operator because i can keep my number no matter what (as long as it aint meteor :o)

Anyone have any advice as to what is a good phone to get or waht to avoid? Also a link to a good review website would be nice :)

Cheers,

Truckle

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

www.gsmarena.com has a great feature-search function. In conjunction with www.o2.ie www.meteor.ie and www.vodafone.ie you can figure out what's available then what each of those models has.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Cheers oneweb, had a browse through those sites and went into town to have a look at the t610 (which is wubly :) ) but covered in vodafone live stuff and the 6600 which i didnt get to see other than the shop model :o.

I like the look of the t610, but before i dive in could someone explane to me what symbian os is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Duritz

symbian os is just fancy software for new phones. My 3650 has symbian series 60 on it, same as the T610. check out allaboutsymbian.com and my-symbian.com. There are many developers out there making very good add-ons for serious 60, like epocware.com and psolic.com. Maybe DubWireless can give more detailed analysis of it, but to me its just fancy software on the phone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

take a luke at the Mobiles for sale forum .... always acouple of nice phones going cheap...

example
    Although , a freiend of mine has first dibbs on this ...

This also is a very nice phone at a keen price .....

Nokia 6100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Duritz
    symbian os is just fancy software for new phones. My 3650 has symbian series 60 on it, same as the T610. check out allaboutsymbian.com and my-symbian.com. There are many developers out there making very good add-ons for serious 60, like epocware.com and psolic.com. Maybe DubWireless can give more detailed analysis of it, but to me its just fancy software on the phone.

Firstly, the Symbian OS is not used on the T610. The series 60 platfrom for Nokia handset is their implementation of the Symbian Operating System. We all know what an operating system is? Current series 60 handsets are the 7650, 3650, 7600 and 6600. Sony Ericsson also have their own implementation of the Symbian operating system on their P800 and up and coming P900.

• Advertisement

Ahh interesting :) is it well worth my while to get a symbian os phone so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Truckle
    Ahh interesting :) is it well worth my while to get a symbian os phone so?

Yeah I certainly think so. It depends what you want or need however. They tend to be fair bit bigger than your average phone. I for one had a 6310i before I started using my 7650 and didnt really appreciate the difference. I then tried switching back to a 7210 and was lost without my 7650.

I would suggest using one for an extended period of time before judging them.

classy, well in that case, recommend me a phone that has symbian os! :) /me eyes up the p900, looks at his wallet, stops eyeing up the p900.

MEH! they all seem a bit expensive :) Just gonna get thet610 when it gets to 99 \o/

Advertisement