Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold House

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Originally posted by mr_angry
    How warm is your gaf anyway? According to Phil, you couldn't even manage to operate the TV last night! Can't see you operating a heating system. Not unless it has a "mash keypad here" button! (i.e. an Apple Mac)

oh its pretty warm angry... oh yeah....

yeah the tv issue is a touchy subject for Jesus at the moment.. seeing it is his fault... ha ha... we've been watching dvd's of the office and stuff to pass the time...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm binning this thread if you guys can't stay on topic
    B

There is a hardship fund thing in DKIT where you go and cry to the priest about being cold and hungry and he gives you money... you could try that option... and promise to go to mass every week when you are there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

That guy freaks me out - he reminds me of Geoffrey Donaldson, or David Trimble, or some Unionist politician. I appreciate the idea though. BraveSirAndrew extorted €200 out of him last year. I'd feel bad about begging off him while I have a job though. Not that its really a job, and not that I really get paid! I think Feylya should be the one to beg - he has the least money out of everyone.

Anyway, the house is still cold, but its not as much of an issue as last weekend - the weather has got a bit milder. And we're hoping to actually order some oil at the end of next week. Still no luck finding a horse though...

there is plenty of 'horses' in the college... you should have some luck there...

oh have i said something i shouldn't have!!! oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Stay in college for as many hours as you can, the library is usually warm.
    The central heating in our house has been on the blink for a week now and the mornings are the worst. I suggest putting all your clothes in the bed with you in the morning for a few minutes, then put them on without getting out of bed. It's the only way to go when the floor is freezing and you can see your breath in the air. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Kalina
    Stay in college for as many hours as you can, the library is usually warm.
    The central heating in our house has been on the blink for a week now and the mornings are the worst. I suggest putting all your clothes in the bed with you in the morning for a few minutes, then put them on without getting out of bed. It's the only way to go when the floor is freezing and you can see your breath in the air. :)

I have a radiator beside my bed, haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement