Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arse Inter

• 24-11-2003 2:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

so arsenal are playing inter in 2 days time in the san siro

a tough game no doubt but this arsenal team keep surprising me

still without vieira for the few weeks if notmonths( seems to be always injured in the last year or so:confused: ) but they still keep winning in the premiership however their form in the champs league is far from conviencing but there is still hope that the gunners can still come out of this group!

a win or even a draw would set us up nicely for the last home game against moscow
    (3 points should be the outcome here) but im afraid our fate is still in other teams hands

my team for the inter match

lehman
    hoyte toure campell cole
    ljungberg edu parlour pires
    kanu henry

edu is way better than gilberto but i cant see him starting
    wenger has this likeing for gilberto for some reason

i think arsenal could very well nick a win here
    remember roma last year!?
    inter will feel they have to attack as the home team and they are far from the team they were post hector cuper sacking!

and there is no better team for the counter than aresnal

anyway thats my opinion!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

i still think Inter will beat Arsenal but all the best of luck to them.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm hoping Arsenal will win but experience has taught me otherwise. If Inter get an early goal its all over. Otherwise I think it will be close.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

arsenal still have a big european game in them at the mo and hopefully they will perform tommorrow

bergkamp is a big loss though arsenal need another striker to partner henry

hopefully someone will come along come january

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

arsenal will lose again no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by Big Chief
    arsenal will lose again no doubt

i second that. definately wont win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

10 mins left and arsenal are OUTSTANDING.. they had want to win this!

the ref is a discrace by the way

HENRY IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wont win what? ;)

5-1, wooooooo!

Henry will get the headlines again but the entire team were magnificent. Lehmann was commanding in goal, the back four (including Cygan!) were rock solid, the midfield dominated Inter, Kanu did very well up front, and Henry was magnificent, once again.

Fingers crossed they'll play like that against Lokomotiv in the next game.

YYYEEEEAAAAAHHHH

COME ON THE GUNNERS!!!

told ye the the aresnal had a big performance in them

5-1 henry the best player in the world!!!

who wants to argue with that on his recent performance!!

roll on moscow in 2 weeks!!

arsenal can even top the group now so long other results go their way but the last 16 beckons for arsenal and i dont think many teams out there will want to meet them on their travels!!!

what a game!! toure and edu were outstanding(thank god gilberto was injured and cygan didnt feck up too bad actually had a good game :p)

where did wenger find another gem in toure, 22 has the composure of a vertern,
    brave, comitted has loads of pace and skill,
    right back, centre back even midfield its no problem to him
    player of the year so far for me (behind henry of course):D :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by smemon

hahaha. back in your box :)

Great match, my god Henry really is a god. Those last 5 minutes, w00t :)

What an unreal performance. Cygan and sol were amazing. 5-1 at the san siro=amazing.........!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Had a feeling they would win - but what a win:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Henry touches little boys and arsenal got lucky..

Originally posted by vac

hmmm a bitter man utd fan no doubt.........

Originally posted by vac

no doubt a liverpool fan!!!:D :D

from all of us
    HAHA!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Seems like savage result but Jank, back in your box...

A bit of composure yeah? Inter being one of the best clubs in the world, it is obviously a freak result...

But still, a savage result and I am delighted they are picking it up a bit in Europe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by Dustaz
    hahaha. back in your box :)

Great match, my god Henry really is a god. Those last 5 minutes, w00t :)

heinsight is a wondeful thing, weren't so brave before the match were ya?! well done to arsenal, 5-1 on italian soil with the odds stacked against them. wouldnt get too carried away though, anyone that watched the kiev moscow game will know moscow are no pushovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

W00t W00t.
    best match i've seen arsenal play in europe. ever. the only time they didn't really have a nervy game. brilliant. Aliadiere, class. toure, class. Campell, Monstrous.
    Good one to Wenger, found the talented youth (not campell). but still, considering the suspensions and injuries, this is an amazing performance. every fan of any club should admit that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Another goof result for the gunners. About time they started showing their true ability in europe and it couldn.t happen to a more deserving bunch than the defensive maestros The Italians. 5 - 1 away in Italy is an excellent result in anyone book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Arsenal were simply stunning and it's about time they produced their league form on a European stage. It won't do their confidence any harm ahead of the next few Premiership game when they'll have several big names missing either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

heard about the result when I was in kickboxing - bunch of lads started cartwheeling around the place. Well done to the gunners, cant wait to see the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

G'WAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

ha ha. not a bookie are you?

everybody seems to be in the same boat here i was expecting the usual arsenal were lucky and inter were crap etc etc

on performances like this who needs viera??! :D:D
    once he will be back and henry keeps fit well arsenal will be a hard hard team to beat!!

next up fulham at home and then see the blues destroy the manc scum on sunday:D

honestly think the title is going london's way
    man u are focused on europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

Great result, what a player Henry is he seems to get better with every game. He is (on current form) the best player in europe, as long as arsenal dont lose him they have a great chance of bringing the title back to highbury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Er... relax, it was a good performance alright but hardly deserved a 5-1 scoreline. Inter were pushing all their men forward and Arsenals pace did them in on the counter, hardly super-tactics by Wenger or anything.

And Inter are far from one of the best teams in the world (but then again, maybe I'm biased on that subject).

Originally posted by PiE

And Inter are far from one of the best teams in the world (but then again, maybe I'm biased on that subject).

who are then??
    id rank them in the top ten anyday??

imo there beter than lazio and chelsea stuffed them at home

as regards tactics read my earlier posts

well on second thoughts yea your right there $hite arent they!:rolleyes:

:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by PiE

You know its not long ago when Inter beat Arsenal 3 - 0 that people were saying that Arsenal are great in the PL but when it comes to playing TOP CLASS opposition they have no answers - well that had 5 answers last night. Inter dont go from being a TOP side one week to a weak side a few months later.

If people are going to criticise Arsenal then at least be consistant about it. The truth is that this season Arsenal have played well within themselves both in the PL and CL - last night showed just how good they can be. They have room to improve further - even on their PL form - which in my opinion still needs that extra shine.

Qualification into the last 16 is still a way off and a bad result against Moscow could see the end, but if Arsenal do qualify then there wont be any team that will fancy playing them - I think the Arse are going to do a Juve and come from nowhere to have a great run in the competition - provided of course that they can get some result against Moscow.

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

heinsight is a wondeful thing, weren't so brave before the match were ya?! well

Nothing to do with hindsight. Its just that I'm not in the habit of posting stuff like "LOLOL ARSENAL R SHÌT LOLE WONT WIN NOTIN LEOE QOEL AND DE REDS GO MARCHIN ON -=LoL=-!!1". Know what i mean :)

As for Inter - While they wouldnt jump immediatly to mind as the top side in europe, they were only beaten by the eventual winners in the semi-final last year (and a local derby too). If that doesnt show that theyre not a bad side i dont know what does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by jank
    no doubt a liverpool fan!!!:D :D

from all of us
    HAHA!!

wtf has who he supports got to do with anything? idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    If people are going to criticise Arsenal then at least be consistant about it...

I never criticised Arsenal, I just said that while they certainly deserved the win, the final score wasn't an accurate reflection of the match.

Also, 3 goals as soon as Cannavaro went off injured... "great" teams don't collapse like that when one of their main players is missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Good result for them alright, they still have a lot of work on to qualify though. Still not beyond them and last nights result certainly will buoy thier confidence somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fantastic preformance, lets hope they can keep it up in Europe. I'd love to see a Man U vs Arsenal match in europe now, it'd be such a nail bitter.

Originally posted by Kaimera
    wtf has who he supports got to do with anything? idiot

just replying to what vac said
    henry touches little boys and arsenal got lucky
    obviously vac wanted to vent his anger on seeing henry do stuff that hesky can only dream of :D

so i just stated the obvious
    a stupid comment deserves a stupid answer

no need to be so sensitive Kaimera!

;)

• Advertisement

just replying to what vac said
    obviously vac wanted to vent his anger on seeing henry do stuff that hesky can only dream of :D
    so i just stated the obvious
    a stupid comment deserves a stupid answer
    no need to be so sensitive Kaimera!
    ;)
    How old are you? {Edit} Not banned JTG, everybody gets a chance, that's yours ok? {/Edit} I hope I get banned for it. You just seem to pisss everyone off and actually contribue nothing to any discussion you participate in.. Ohh if only I had the power!!!:)

Originally posted by JesusThatsGreat
    How old are you? {Edit} Not banned JTG, everybody gets a chance, that's yours ok? {/Edit} I hope I get banned for it. You just seem to pisss everyone off and actually contribue nothing to any discussion you participate in.. Ohh if only I had the power!!!:)

ok that doesnt make sense:confused::confused:

i hope i get banned for it??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

In fairness buddy, I think the comment about "Henry touching little boys..." was a little more immature than that. Anyway, back on topic:

Its nice to see us showing our real potential in Europe. The funny thing now is that if we beat Lokomotiv Moscow at Highbury in 2 weeks time, we will win the group, and avoid teams like Real Madrid, Man Utd, and Juventus in the last 16 - a bit of a turnaround to say the least.

The thing I was most amused about was that I didn't in my wildest dreams believe that we would overturn the 3-0 deficet from the game at Highbury, but now, if we finish on the same points, we'll go through over them!

As for other teams - I don't want to gloat, but I think its about time we Arsenal fans relaxed for a couple of days, and were happy about the situation we're in. If other people can't accpt that, tough sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

ok that doesnt make sense:confused::confused:

i hope i get banned for it??:confused:

I believe his actual quote was removed by Thanx4TheFish

Originally posted by mr_angry
    In fairness buddy, I think the comment about "Henry touching little boys..." was a little more immature than that. Anyway, back on topic

Granted, it was a one of comment however and not persistent rubbish!!!!

Back on topic :)

It was a great result for Arsenal and I really hope they push on through to the next round. Its a shame that they cant do it consistently, especially when you consider how consistent they are in the premiership.

Thanks Fish!!!! I regretted that one a second after i posted, too proud to edit it though :ninja:

• Advertisement

what persistent rubbish ??:confused:

im still confused about that other post?

what persistent rubbish ??:confused:

im still confused about that other post?

I basically insulted you and before you got a chance to read it, Fish had edited to something more tasteful... As for what persistent rubbish, you are constantly involved in petty arguments and slaggin matches with other posters and it pisses me off.. Thats me finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK girls get back on topic or I else. I haven't banned someone in weeks and I'm grumpy with the flu here.

As for last nights game I nearly coughed a lung up after Arsenal put those 3 late goals in against Inter. It was a wonderful result and I hope they don't feck it up in the final game in 2 weeks.

Gandalf.

i full of wonder of what u said now:) pm me if u want with it and ill see if iy merits a banning:D
    petty arguments!! so is half the posters here
    oh there i go again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

jank is now banned for a week for carrying on when I warned everyone to stop the petty bull****. Anyone else want to take me on ?

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

i think we should start a petition: Edu for Brazil.
    i thought he was rock solid in midfield (cept for that goal, reminiscent of Arsenal-Lazio a few seasons back. Silvinho being the unlucky defender). Edu and Parlour controlled it all for a large portion of the match.

It mystifies me that Gilberto is getting the international callups but not Edu. Edu and Toure have filled the gaps in midfield and defence this season and have been brilliant.

Advertisement