Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Pres!

Options
  • 12-11-1999 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Just browsing sCary's Q3A Q&A tongue.gif
    By: PainBerry [Nov 3rd 1999, 10:59 am]
    I've hear rumours about the railgun in 1.08 being a super fast projectile and NOT hitscan. When messing around with the rail locally, this seems to be true. It also explains why no-one can hit **** with the rail.

A: Not true, the railgun is hitscan. This was actually brought up by some other players who were visiting while I was there.

hehe tongue.gif Told ya!

Another pet gripe of mine has also been sorted out thank god:
    By: Anon@proxy1.rad.net.id [Nov 3rd 1999, 09:24 am]
    One more thing, I think the lightning gun should make a thunder sound when you first fire it!

A: It does now. smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Your a bitter man in many ways Mark, a small petty bitter man.

However I give in. The railgun IS instant hit, let the word go forth.

I shall adjust my aim accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Andy,
    you fought the good fight, and I think you won the moral ground. It may be instant hit but it shouldn't be. I mean really.
    Kepp reaching for the "railgun rainbow"
    Ex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Thanks for the moral support Kev. But i'm afraid the Worm is right and there is nothing I can do about it.

I was under the imprsion that the the railgun was just an extemly fast projectile weapon while he said it was an instant hit weapon. For all intents and purposes it makes no difference but it turns out he was right.

Kinda stupid thing to be argueing about though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Its still harder to hit with it in Q3... I say get the Q1 shaft, and the Q2 rail!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Damn right Reg. smile.gif The Q2 Rail was wooonderful! A truely classic FPS weapon imho, with a real meaty punch. The Q3 one looks and feels like some wussy laser gun with a slight lag..

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Targets are smaller and move faster in Q3 than Q2. Plus it's real hard to rail while a mg is honed in on you. Some players seem to have gotten over this however and can rail 100% of the time (hello jedi!)

Yeah - I think the Q2 effect felt more like you were sending something very serious towards the baastids.

The great news is the shaft has been re-written to use QW code so it feels identical. And its got a thunder boom in the sound fx. The bad news is it's weaker by lots than QW's sad.gifsad.gif

http://www.spinsol.com/cie

Advertisement