Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to turn off Sony TV Speakers???

Options
  • 24-11-2003 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

I have just purchased a Sony KV-32FX68 Wide Screen Tv. Its legend, great picture and a really nice TV. But I have a problem with the internal speakers....

I also purchased a Sony HT-DDW750S Amp for surround sound etc. My problem is that I havnt been able to permanently disable the internal speakers in the TV in order to use the Amp. When I follow the instructions and turn off the speakers everything runs through the Amp - perfect. But when I turn the TV off and back on the internal speakers are enabled again???

Has anyone found a way around this problem? Its a pain in the ass to keep disabling the speakers everytime you want to watch TV!

Cheers,

Aragorn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

there isnt a way, unfortunately that option is only on the top end tv's such as the fq 80. With the rest u just have to turn it off each time u turn on the set

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Can you not just turn the TV volume down to nothing? I have a Grundig and take the sound through external amp, and that is what I do. The volume setting should stay as you set it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Aragorn

Thanks for the help CaptainPat but the speakers need to be disabled to output the sound to the amp (I think).

I dont get sound in the amp if the internal TV speakers are enabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

If you get a pint jug of Coca Cola and pour it down the vents that you will find at the back of your set, the TV speakers should trouble you no longer.

Do remember to put some newspapers on the good carpet underneath the TV before you undertake this procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Aragorn,
    My setup is obviously different to yours. I take TV sound from a Scart with an "octopus" of RCA on the other end. This allows both sound setups to work together. I used the TV as a "centre speaker" for a while, but the sound was so lousy that I bought a better speaker for centre and turned down the volume.

Are you getting the sound from a panel on the Sony?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I feed a scart lead from TV to video then RCA plugs to amp. The volume is always on zero on the TV. I've listened through the amp for over 10 years. I would never listen to TV speakers now!!! Hope thats of help!!!. :):):)

Advertisement