Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who are the Quake 3 players?

Options
  • 06-11-1999 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

How many of you would play Quake 3 on a regular basis? And which servers are the best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I play Quake3. quake3-1.ign.ie quake3-2.ign.ie quake3-3.ign.ie

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Might give it a bash...
    Think my Voodoo3 is rusting from playing Q1-CA, needs a bloody good workout!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

na play UT.
    have the beta if you want it

if AMP ever gives it back that is....hint hint

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah now here, you know that was an accident.
    Oh and I play the odd game of Q3. But this week I am mostly playing M$ Combat Simulator.

It fair Ro><ors.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

I play. Which reminds me, must see if any of the computers in trinity can run it. Om nyom.
    Give me a time and a place and Ill play you.

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 QuadZilla

Cool... hopin' to frag ya soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Debaser

Me, Me....I'll rape u like all the rest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

Chaos, Jedi, EWJ, Myself.
    Q3 sux on the net tho unless u have a fast net connection. Oh yeah, If we ever do get to play ya, we'll rail ur ass to the wall. smile.gif
    F.

Cool... might just do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

yeah i just managed to set Q3 up,

Still have never seen anyone on the IGN server though .. still waiting to see what another player in Q3 looks like.

btw- It seemed ok movin about in the server with a 140 ping ... maybe that'll all go to **** when players log in though.

J.

• Advertisement

Maybe we should put a time down to meet on the server sometime this week, and get a few games going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

I think it's okay on the net.

I've watched a certain irish player win a big q3test2 ffa on barrysworld with a ping 200ms higher than his nearest opponent - granted it WAS pretty crowded, so rockets tended to find targets blindly..

Can't wait for the demo (rough quote from scary):

"The new q3 shaft code has been completely re-written. It's now almost identical to the Q1 shaft"

Mmmmmmm smile.gif

How about plannin somethin for the weekend?
    Friday evening could be a good time or Saturday 3-6 ish time.

Just Dl'd a whole load of stuff to my zip to take home and start MODing Q3 smile.gif

Anyone had any luck with getting the BOTS up and running .. still looking for this alledged file.

J.

Jak... if you find out how to do it, gimme a shout? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FutureQuakeDood

Hey, yeah I play Q3Tester. You may recognise my nick from DubLan wink.gif I'm the guy who sat in the corner and won the Q3 competitions wink.gifwink.gif no hard feelings guys (eh chaos? LOL). anyway I'm still open to challenges (not gonna just sit back on my win and think no-one will ever beat me wink.gif ) so maybe I'll come along to Nethouse this Friday if I'm not asleep (up all night playing Q3TESTER Barrysworld LOL) and see if anyone there is the Q3TESTER-KING (nice little ring to it wink.gif )

SEEYAS THERE! MA NA GETA GAY, FUTU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

hey skyClad
    all the nice new PCs in the new upstairs ICT lab run q3 fairly well. also have decent ms mice.
    nice

harVey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Quadzilla,

If you are from the dublan area. There is a number of q3 players that play in the nethouse in rathmines every friday night. Thats a good place to go for a beating if your not afraid to take it. smile.gif

Jedi.

No one in Q3 again last night-

Shall we try a time on Friday (7ish) so ... i'm startin to think there might be more to the game than runnin about an empty maze shootin up the walls.

Still no Luck with the BOTS - i have the enabler .. but i think i need a bit more than that.

J.

Yeah I was on the servers for a bit last night, but no one was there! I ended up having to play on a belgium server, just for a game (with **** pings).
    We've got to meet so we can play on a decent local server, rather than be scattered and forced to play on terrible foreign servers, just for a game.

QuadZilla
    http://www.gibworld.com/quadzilla/

[This message has been edited by QuadZilla (edited 09-11-99).]

Hey before i go online to take a beating in Q3,

Has anyone who has been playin this for a while got a full CFG done up that i can take/edit etc... I initially didn't think Q3 was complicated .. but sure enough there'd be a few hundred console commands to toy with.

Also ... i assume i should be removing all the prettiness of the offline version before i try the IGN server.

J.

• Advertisement

You can grab my .CFG at www.gibworld.com/quadzilla

[This message has been edited by QuadZilla (edited 09-11-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I play the odd time in work but I have very little challange from the rest of the lads in the office cause their sh!te, Even more so than I. In any 1st person shooter the likes of Riker can still whip my ass to the floor. sad.gif Only one of the lads here is as good(or as bad) as me. be he can't play as much since he got promoted to ass Sys admin.

Advertisement