Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Shels fans on Boards??

• 24-11-2003 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Congrats to the Mighty Reds winning the league last Friday night in fairytale circumstances.

thegills

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

I'm sure someone will jump in with a smart answer to the title.

But as a neutral, well done to Shels, Fenlon should have proven some of his doubters wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

You have to say that they've defo. won it on the pitch this season; Jason Byrne has been prolific in front of goals they've tightened up the defence and have seen some great performances from young players like jamie harris who's shown he can play as a striker and a decent defender .....

Now all they need to do is teach williams how to handle crosses and they should do well next season too.....

ROLL ON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Agreed about Jamie Harris, but to me he looks like a better option up front than at the back. He's looked a little shaky there for Shels so far, I've not seen much of him when he was at St Pats though. Can't argue that he's produced the goods up front with some important goals. Williams does look shaky on crosses but did you see that save he pulled off against Bohs? That was just incredible and player of the season could easily go to either him or Byrne (who could have wilted under the pressure of a big money** move from Bray but had a great season).

Great night at Tolka last Friday, there was a lot of relief among the Shels fans because of what happened in the past I think. Dolan having a rant on the sidelines cracked me up too :D

I just wish more Irish footy fans would go out and watch their local club and then more of them would experience nights like Friday. They'd realise what winning or loosing a title is really about rather than the detachment of watching the Premiership on TV. :(

** relative to the rest of the eL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

STeM,
    Did you go to the bar after the match which was open until 5am too.
    I bumped into a few of the team in the Nightclub beside the Olympia.
    thegills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Nope, didn't get a chance to go to the bar after the match but I'm sure it was a good night! I believe some of the team were there for a while afterwards?

I was working early the next day so I had to content myself with a few scoops in town. Will the bar be open after the Rovers game do you know? Might be a dodgy move with their reputation :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

the league is finished already? wierd. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It starts in May or June, so not that weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

But thats a 6 month break from football so it is weird to me.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

well done to the mighty reds, i only got to go to like 6 games this year cause i've been mad busy, but the eircom leagues decision to switch to a summer league is paying off big time!!!

and it aint a 6 month break for the pro players most go to england on trials, or get on a packed ryanair flight to carlaile (sp??)

and no more freezing my arse off in tolka on a friday evening!!

When are shels moving to finglas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

No, the league runs from March to the end of November (mid-December for play-offs), roughly nine months, which is the usual for most leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Super Shels !!!

Advertisement