Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IT Jobs in Bavaria area of Germany

• 24-11-2003 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Anybody know any online resources or from personal experience how I would go about getting me an IT job in southern germany? Have a fair bit of coding / sysadmin experience.

Cheers

Ewan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

ask your girlfriend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

I did, shes looking for me, thought it wouldnt hurt to ask around here though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sdec

have a look at

http://www.job.de/

applying for a job in germany is more 'bureaucratic'.... a simple CV is not enough...

do you hold a BSc or Diploma in IT ?... how strong are your programming / administration skills ? any cert ?

you also need a recent photo, covering letter, handwritten CV (!), certified copies of leaving cert and any university degree,... (thus you can't apply via eMail - or better... you should not, except a recruitment agency)

you should also remeber that living in Munich (most IT jobs) is very expensive (2 bedroom ~ 1500 Euro), your net salary will be only ~50% if you are single (tax, 12% pension, 13% health, church tax, "PRSI",... )
    ... and worst... there are more than 4 million unemployed people (or 11%) :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

www.flipdog.com
    www.monster.de

Keep an eye on SAS EMEA's jobs page here - they're based in Heidelberg, BW. - good company, employ plenty of irish/english/yanks, etc.
    Also in heidelberg - SAP...www.sap.de

Majority of tech jobs in Bayern in BW/Bayern.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

I've just started work in Dusseldorf but it was through knowing someone here. I think the IT industry is the same here as it is in Ireland. I had been on the dole since March.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 henryo1492

Hi I found that the best website for jobs in Germany is www.jobpilot.de. It worked for me before, having some German is also important.

Advertisement