Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaa game

Options
  • 24-11-2003 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I know theres loads of trouble because they havent payed the players but only licensed the game itself and the pitches, but what consoles is this gonna come oput on eventually?

i need to know whether its x-box or playstation.

i dont actually know whos making it and i couldnt find anything on the ea sports website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

it will be on the playstation.

i think that its sony that are making it.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

play station is the only platform menchoned so far...AFAIK

cant wait !!!

From playstation.ie

"Yes folks, you read it right. GAA football is coming to your favourite console as an exclusive title. The announcement was made in Melbourne Australia today at a press conference hosted by the the three main players, Sony Computer Entertainment Ireland, the Gaelic Athletic Association of Ireland and the developers IR Gurus.

Due for release in mid 2004, the game will be exclusive to PlayStation 2. The developers, IR Gurus are responsible for AFL Live 2004, the hugely successful Aussie rules football game which reigned at number one in its home territory. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by smiaras
    There is a bit of fuss because apparently the GAA promised the title to other developers before IR gurus made their announcement. The other developers, sorry don't know the name, are said to be going ahead with their title regardless so we could see two games on the market.

The GAA made no promises to other developers. The GPA were doing a deal with this person -
    Frank McNamee, co-founder of Multi-Media Instructional Designs (MMID) and former Longford footballer, still wonders at it all. Why, he asks, did we hear from an Australian minister about the announcement of a new GAA (computer) game? And why is it that the Irish lost the chance to create 12 new jobs and achieve a €2million boost to the economy?
    "The GPA were very receptive and excited by the concept when we approached them and we signed a one-year licence agreement with them giving us use of their members' names. But when we approached the GAA we got nowhere. They refused to meet in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The aussie rules game is terrible though, wouldnt get too excited if its the same company making it, pitty, cos the sport deserves a top class game, not some shoddy one, fifa anyone?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It'll really need a Jacky Healy Ray style commentator. And detailed textured hang sangwiches and fizzy orange in the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

hrmm i think you mean Micheal O Muirahurtaigh...some chance of that..

however as long as I can make the Dubs win the SAM mcgire Ill be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

any news of a hurling one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

if this is succsessful they are supposed to make a hurling 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Originally posted by Big Ears
    if this is succsessful they are supposed to make a hurling 1.

Unlikely. This game is potentially profitable because tehy can port the existing Aussie Rules game.

A hurling game would most likely need to be written from scratch, and there's not too big a market for it alas.

- Kevin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

if the make a gaa game then it should have both football and hurling in it. that way hurling gets publicised in oz aswell and might start people playing it more around the world. gaa football is catching on a bit in some countries so why not hurling? imho its probably the best field game (bar soccer) in the world.

i wonder if they will have recorded sounds of old men shouting stuff, and irish speaches when they win titles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Originally posted by Alany
    play station is the only platform menchoned so far...AFAIK

Nope, the other developer who isn't happy with the GAA going with Sony is in fact an Irish Software House and they'll be developing for the X-Box apparently. What could happen is that the Playstation version will be licenced by the GAA but the individual players via the GPA will not allow their names to be used whereas the X-Box version will not be the 'official' version but the players themselves will allow their names be used if they strike some sort of a deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Iv heard a few stories on this one.

WIT have a GAA game that was devloped as a project by multi-media students. They said that they intend to go forward with it.... (looks like a **** game but good for a student project, they have a very good commentary built in to it as well)

DKIT (Dundalk) also said that they were/are to devlop it

They there is the Oz company that are in the news

So who knows there may be 3 games....

:)

Advertisement