Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best laptop for €1500

• 24-11-2003 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    could anyone give me some suggestions for laptops in ireland for in or about €1500.
    Its a work laptop - no need for blinding fast graphics card. 512MB ram would be minimum. After that open to suggestions.

PCworld?
    Dell?
    Compustore?

???

Thanks,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

ALDI - after xmas! high spec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I was thinking before christmas. Also its for someone who has the bare minimum of computer knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I'd go for dell. I just got my new Inspiron 500m. Very nice and i've had a dell desktop for a while now and no problems.....You'd get a really good spec laptop from dell for 1500....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

Get a second owner DELL from ITXL...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

thanks for the suggestion merrion - but they don't seem much cheaper than new dells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

They're not much cheaper but higher than base spec - if you take the spec of the new C840s they've just got in and put it into the www.dell.ie site you get a 30% saving. I don't have any affiliation - just using them to replace my Inspiron 4000 that was stolen. (Another tip: get a laptop lock :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Patiko

I'm also looking for a new laptop. ITXL looks alright but they don't have inspiron's and all the good systems are sold out.
    What us irish customers need is a dell outlet site just like the UK has. They have excellent deals and its a disgrace that we can't access them!

Also, anyone have any idea if any of the major companies (Dell,IBM,Toshiba) have discount schemes for college students?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

PC World.

one of the Advent range.

I've had no probs so far. P4 2.66. 512Ram, 40Gig Hdd, DvD-R, Radeon 9000 mobility. €1499

only prob is, you have to get the insurance with the laptop which pushes up the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

i got the acer one, 1299, 30 gig hdd, 2.66 ghz, 64mb gfx card (intel extreme graphics) , dvd-r, 15" screen - very light and extremely quiet!

Advertisement