Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nethouse News

Options
  • 12-11-1999 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Oddly as I was typing up my resignation from adminning etc, Dennis from Nethouse phoned me to know how things were going. I met them tonight for a quick game of Q3 (goddamn Dennis is getting good!)

Anyway the upshot is that the new place is fantastic. Its a perfect set up for lan games and since its aimed at gamers are well as web sufers (with its own games room) they can open the doors to us earlier then the usual 10pm.

The lads have asked me to convey to you all that they dont mind the friday/saturday night games starting at 9 or even 8 if people want to turn up that early.

Anyway, I'm just the messanger. I might even turn up for a game too..

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

StarCraft, i want StarCraft, must practice, practice I tell ya!!!! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Is that your cunning tactic then? Tell me they're gonna play AOE2 smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Here Conor is it that good ? Been itching to buy a game of late, particularly when I was't overly impressed with c&c3.

Tin(hate these early mornings)Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's a bit good alright Tin, pi$$es all over Tiberian Sun anyways, plus its prolly available for about 15 quid these days. Mind you everyone else has had yonks of practice cos its been out for about a year and a half at this stage smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yeah, the new setup at Nethouse is really cool. No more drunks battering on the door at 4 in the morning either... smile.gif

Starcraft is cool and all, but like the man says, everyone has been playing it for ages. The learning curve is just too steep at this stage, cos everyone else is so good... either that or mebbe I'm just sheit smile.gif

They do have AOE2 there. It rocks.

Ja,
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Yes they do. Playing it there last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Do these guys have a website, or some sort of online map to the place?

Teeth.
    (can't go this week though.. sad.gif )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Yeah good question,

Where is the place? How do you get there/find it? For those of us who've never been is it open door, limited numbers, a house, a business type thing ... worth going to etc.

Just curious,

Sounds like could be a laugh for a Friday,

J.

Between Tram co.(pub) and leisure centre (arcade) in the middle of Rathmines. Seperate room in back with 12 pcs. Its open door.

Grand.

Cheers... im assuming we *CAN* bring our own beers and all that with us.

Some ppl can get tetchy about drunken folk mixing with computers smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 12-11-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

OI Canaboid!
    I was there last night, was playing Q3 with Dennis. Didnt want to disturb your AOE2 playing (you all seemed hyper-serious about it) cos I'm a newbie (ish)

Starcraft lads, the learning curve ISNT that big. Just one day a penny kinda drops and you accelerate to a different level of play.

There are SC players out there who would beat the best of us and laugh doing it. Really, there are some incredibly good players around the world, we're muppets really.

I'll be there tonight, SC, UT, Q3 and AOE2
    Cyall there from 8 onwards and bring a few beers.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Yup, I need UT praccy, and wanna kill someone at AOE2, and want revenge for getting raped at dublan in SC smile.gif

BTW Booze and smokes are fine smile.gif

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 12-11-99).]

Retraction and apology for my sarcasm smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Canaboid (edited 13-11-99).]

Oi Tom,

Was that u. Wouldn't know u from Adam. Sorry for not inviting to play. To be honest everyones a rookie at this stage. And yes one of the lads is a bit serious so teams had to be as pre-ordained for prides sake. One thing I noticed in AOK is that if teams are uneven numbers the team with the extra player will always win regardless of skill, the reason being its so hard to kill someone off completely - one villager survives and they're back in business at the other end of the map within ten minutes.
    Next time.

Oh yeah, and could yous have had the volume any louder ffs ? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Canaboid (edited 12-11-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Can any one go???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

Yup its open to all.

Canaboid: Sorry were my rockets disturbing your tweeting birdies? smile.gif

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hohohoh
    idrape all yer little arses at AOE2

been playing it lots and ive even played with serious lag over the net and won.

am now confident that i can get to fuadal ages within 90 minutes of a game starting.

oh hold on, thats not good is it?

I'll be down there after 10 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

a few of us are going tonight (Friday)

They have verything there, but the main ones are Q3, UT, AOE2 and SC, cut out Q3 and I'll be playing some of the rest!

COME GET SOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Well how's about I buy it and all us Starcraft muppets can play amongst our selves for the next 5 years and then we can take on the experts.

Anyone going down to this Rathmines nethouse tonight ?

• Advertisement

Yes they were. And worrying my livestock.

Must say its a very impressive setup they have down there. Nice place, top spec comps and for a tenner you can't really go wrong for a few hours of games.

Must remember to get some sleep before the next time.

J.

(and apparently a skill in RTS games is helpful smile.gif)

Advertisement