Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software search

• 24-11-2003 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for some software for my P900 that'll let me backup the contents of my SMS inbox to my laptop. I used to do this with my 6310i via the phone editor and save each message as a text file. I'm looking to do the exact same thing with the p900. I've searched around a few sites and come up with practically nothing so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Ohh and if this software is free, all the better :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 DaveK

There is an application from S&W for the P800 that would probably work on the P900. It enables you to export SMSs in XML format to your PC to view them. It's not free---it costs around €18---but there is a free trial available.

I can view SMSs as text files using FileMan and send them as emails, by IR, or by BT, so that might meet your needs. FileMan costs a bit over €5 (or is free if you already own Tracker). I haven't tried File Manager, but it seems to be fairly similar to FileMan and is free. As with the S&W application, I'm not sure if these programs work on the P900, but I think that they do.

By the way, my-symbian.com is an excellent source of applications for the P900.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

thanks for the reply dave..

in the time since i started the thread I searched around a bit and found a program called floats mobile agent. Apparently it works a dream on other SE phones. I just cant get it working on my p900. What a pisser..

I'll give some of your suggestions a go Dave, thanks for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yeah - floats was developed for "regular" (non Symbian) Sony Ericsson handsets, have to watch for that, even with some of SE's accessories (that either won't work or only partially work), the Symbian OS is very different from the Ericsson based one running on their "regular" handsets - it would need extra dev to support Symbian also

UIQ 2.0 (P800) and UIQ 2.1 (P900) are 'binary compatible' so their intention is apps that work on the P800 can also work on the P900, you just have to watch for any developers that may take advantage of the new APIs (or hardware) for the P900 but those apps should be easily identified (as made for the P900)

BrianG

Advertisement